Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Perfect Pass retrofit?

I have a 87 Supra Sunsport with a 351. I love it but its a pain to keep the speed dialed in, especially on the busiest inland waterway (chain of lakes). I am constantly white knuckling trying to monitor the speed and avoid other idiots on the chain. I have seen various perfect pass parts on eBay and whatnot. Has anyone ever retrofitted a used system like this? I know there are better ways to accomplish this (ie buy a new kit) but I really don’t have the cash for that.
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

Go to modifications then read the 6th thread down.

Here's a better idea, avoid the high traffic areas if you are riding...way cheaper that way and less headache.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

A new prop will help ALOT with pulling and maintaining speed, if you are running the 13x13 and a good amount of ballast it will be a struggle. Lots easier to buy a prop than to cobble a perfect pass kit together.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

It depended on what you want you can put a basic cruise together for around $500.

The big hang up on getinig a stargazer system put together is the master module,and gps antena.

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Im in the same boat man. I have been try to figure this out for a long time. I cant go spend another $1000-$1100 for one of these after blowing a wad on my re-do. There is a generic company I saw out there that has one for $750 but I wouldnt mind blowing $500 bucks on it but $1000 is just outside of my "NO WAY" zone. ?? What can we do?? Bungee cord?? Duct tape?? Com-on!! Lets do this!
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Im in the same boat man. I have been try to figure this out for a long time. I cant go spend another $1000-$1100 for one of these after blowing a wad on my re-do. There is a generic company I saw out there that has one for $750 but I wouldnt mind blowing $500 bucks on it but $1000 is just outside of my "NO WAY" zone. ?? What can we do?? Bungee cord?? Duct tape?? Com-on!! Lets do this!
    Jet have you reproped your boat? It is the best money you will spend. You won't have to jack with the throttle at all when pulling. If it's the cool factor your wanting then yes PP is the way to go. If your wanting to pull with out constantly jacking with the throttle than that can be takin care of with a good prop.
    84 Supra Marauder
    Monster Tower
    Monster Cargo Bimini
    4 Kenwood Tower speakers (6.5)
    4 Kenwood Interior Speakers (6.5)
    2 Kenwood 6x9 rear seat kick panel
    2 Kenwood 5 1/4 in dash
    1 Kenwood Sub
    2 2ch Kenwood amp 1 2ch Fosgate amp
    2 4ch Kenwood amp 1 4ch Fosgate amp
    1 2ch Kenwood (bridged) for sub
    STRAIGHT OVER KILL.

take a look at this justin at hydrophase will help you out http://www.hydrophase.com/ridesteady

I just picked up a PP wakeboard pro used on another forum for $500. The cable wasn't the correct one for my 88 Supra Comp so I called PP. Their customer services is the best I've experienced in some time. They had me email pictures of what I had and set me up with the rest of the parts that I needed. I think the cost of the parts was around $75.00 including shipping. Thought I was in way over my head installing this myself but had it all installed in about 3 hours (that includes a good hour of getting up the balls to drill a 2 inch hole in my hull). Works great. I love my cruise control. "Set it and forget it".

Yep!! 14x14 HUGE prop for me boat and weight. Im a experienced driver and dont need PP, but it sure would help my marriage!! Thats why they call it "The Marriage Saver" No, just kidding my wife has done better (really GREAT) than most of my guy friends have in the past. Its just when people are talking to her, changing the radio, and watching out for other boats happen ALL at the same time it gets hard for non-regular drivers and PP would really help that. The Hydrophase is the one I was talking about in my thread. It looks like it will get the job done. The reason its hard for me is because I can look at thoes parts and say..there aint $1100 worth of parts there. lol
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub