Default Vault hub failure ... on the road

Hey all,

Have any of you had to try to use the warranty process with the "Vault" hubs that have failed? I lost 2 on my trip to powell, out in the middle of BFE - all
    I could do was put a "bearing buddy" on them and fill with grease - even though they are not "grease" - it's a hybrid lubricant under pressure - and no service
    is required - they just "came off".

I am still within the 5 year warranty period, but haven't been able to contact the company as yet - because just when I got back home, we've been
    involved (nearly involved anyway) withi this massive wildfire in Colorado ... and just now are things settling down enough to worry about the boat rather
    than whether or not we will have to evacuate (or as my grand-daughter says - evaporate).
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I just had one fail on a 250 mile trip to Nashville . It blew the seal out I'm not sure if its a dragging brake or bearing grease failure.
    I repacked it with grease and it seamed OK for the rest of the trip . I will check it out thoroughly this week .

The people I know with the vaults have not had any issues -- but -- since you've both experienced failure, why not just replace with bearing buddies? AFAIK those are pretty much bombproof?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Vault guy is sending me 2 new caps and the appropriate tube of grease/hybrid to put this back together. He said
    as just the caps came off, I should be fine and just replace them.

He also said the "regular" grease I put in there should not hurt anything. We will see!

Oh Wotan,

these are SUPPOSED to be even more bomb-proof - not maintenance, no observing .. nothing, for 5-10 years.

If I have problems after the warranty is up (too bad I didn't see the card in the boat paperwork that would have extended the
    warranty to 10 years for $50 ... ) then I will switch to the "normal" bearing buddy gig I had on the last trailer.

I talked to Vault today they are sending new parts to put the hub back to original . They said its the grease that makes the difference it will liquefy at 150 degrees and then turn to a thick grease when submerged. Great service so far.