Default finding neutal to start....

Every once in a while I have to loosen the throttle controls from the gunnel, wiggle the throttle arm to get the key to turn her over. Is there an adjustment in the tranny cable or something I need to do to correct this? Nothing visibly broken, but without a doubt worn....It's a bit annoying to say the least....
    90 Conbrio

I think I am having the same problem...please someone help us !

Hunt down the neutral switch. Make sure its clean and adjust the linkage so when the contrler goes to neutral the switch is closed.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

disconnect the transmission cable at the tranny end. pull a cotter pin. then move the gear lever on the trannsmission by hand. there's an indent to indicate neutral. is the tranny really in neutral when your throttle is in neutral position? if it isn't, you can adjust the linkage on the cable. if the tranny is in neutral, it's the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    disconnect the transmission cable at the tranny end. pull a cotter pin. then move the gear lever on the trannsmission by hand. there's an indent to indicate neutral. is the tranny really in neutral when your throttle is in neutral position? if it isn't, you can adjust the linkage on the cable. if the tranny is in neutral, it's the switch.
    Follow this advice first. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Make sure you're linkage hasn't stretched or jammed with rust and you are in neutral. If so, bad switch. Easy to fix, and can be found at www.skidim.com