Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Put a blow dryer to the bags/fittings and see if you can't loosen them up. That is what I did, well a heat gun.

Might google other ways to get them out, not sure my method is best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I used a blow dryer to remove mine. Heat gun gets to hot to fast to soften the glue. I laid the blow dryer down blowing on the bag and just left it for about 5 minutes, came back and they pulled straight out.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...removing+glued

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

There's a video how to on wakemakers site for removing the glued fittings. As dusty and kg said, hairdryer is the way to go.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Default Wake behind a 2011 24 Launch

Guys,

curious if your quest to add more ballast was successful last weekend?

I have a brand new 2001 24 Launch and have tried different combinations of ballast.....100% port, adding bow weight at different levels, even adding some in the starboard bags.

The wake looks good but when we get close to the boat the best we can muster is periods of slack in the rope.....last weekend I had my board almost touching the swim platform at times but never could surf without the rope.

Obviously for the money you spend on a new 24 Launch, I expected to be able to surf without having to buy/add more ballast to the boat so not getting this dialed in after a few weekend trips is getting frustrating and disappointing.

We probably had roughly 60-70% fill on the gas tank and only two adults in the boat.

I called Supra and they said we should be able to get a surfable wake with 100% on the port side and turning in a very slight left hand turn but also said that "the more weight the better". He also said the 24 was his favorite boat to surf behind and that he usually has 6-8 people in the boat.

Pretty sure we already tried this exact set up minus the 6-8 people but we will give it another go this weekend at Lake Cuberland in Ky where we keep the boat.

We are using a 48 inch Hyperlite Board....could this be too short? Anythoughts on the board size related to this is also appreciated.

I am 5'11 175 lbs and my daughter is 5'2 95 lbs and we were told a shorter board would be more fun as we got better surfing.....so far, we aren't surfing, we are being towed behind a pretty nice wake or so I thought.

Tmoney

You can probably surf a stock wave if you are used to surfing but I could see it being hard to learn on.

At the end of the day, you will be glad you have a big wave whether you are beginner or expert. I'd recommend picking up an upgraded bag (1100 lb'er).

Very few factory boats surf real well, likely due to ballast restrictions with maximum load capacity and all that jazz.

That size board should be fine to big for your daughter. It is probably on the smaller size for you but should work. What board?

I'm also interested to hear how much of a difference it made on jdubs.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Ok, I don't have any pics to post because Iam at work but WOW it made a huge difference going from the factory 400's to 1100's on both sides. I changed my dash fill times to 11:30 so it takes awhile to fill and swap sides but worth it. The wave is not super tall like my brothers MB Sport but it has a good long sweet spot and the transition is awsome. The more I filled the front the longer it got so I ran the front at 50%. I also put 14 people in the boat with same ballast and it got alot taller which was cool but wont usually have that many people in the boat either. So all in all glad I went with the 1100's love my new boat even more.
    2011 242V Launch 409

http://www.667rockers.com/

You might be able to add a little height by adding weight to the opposite corner, essentially sinking the whole back end, just don't do so much that it stops it from leaning. I'd say less than 400.

We run our bow full 100%.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Pics or it didn't happen and this boat doesn't exist!!!

Glad to see you're dialing it in.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Thanks everyone....guess the best thing to do is add the 1100 lb'er on port side.....any reason I need it on the starboard side if we don't surf goofy?

factory ballast OK in front I assume.

We use a Hyperlite Broadcast, east to get up on and seems big enough for me at 5'11 175

No reason to buy one fro both sides if you are only going to need the weight on one. When wakeboarding you will be limited to the 400 or you will wash out, of course.

Do you have the playpen? If yes, then that should be plenty of weight up front. I run mine full but I have a 24SSV, not a 242. It may be different?

That board should work great. It's probably on the smaller side for you but will still work, like they told you, it will be more fun on the smaller side.
    2006 Supra 24SSV