Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks KG....had three days on Lake Cumberland this weekend.....surfed behind a 2008 Supra Launch....different hull design but wake was basically the same as my 2011 Launch 24....they have standard 400 lb bags too.

I was curious....if the 24 Ft Supra's come with 1700 lbs of ballast....how is it broken up? 400 lb each in the rear and how much in the bow? Is there ballast under the floor we can't see? If so, How do you know when those tanks are full?

Also tried the bigger, 5'4, Hyperlite Broadcast today, we have the 49 inch....this one was a little more bouyant once on the wake, but didn't help me stay up for long withoput the rope and it difinately is not as manuevarable for my taste so sticking witht the 49....bigger ballast is definately the answer which we will install on next trip.

Jdubb, how about those surfing Pic's.........Comooooonnnn Man.....

My factory setup was 400 rears and 1180 in the playpen. I believe the new 242 has a combo of hard and soft tanks in the bow, soft in the rear. The front tank should stay in line with the gauge. When you upgrades the rears you will probably have to reset your timers? Not sure.

More weight is def the answer. There are only a few boats that make a "good" factory surf wave.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 24SSV

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
    Here is a few from Havasu, now loading up to head to my lake for the rest of the week.
    Yes mine does have hard tanks in the bow and a bag it is monitored from the dash on fill times to know how empy or full they are. I have been playing with times on the rear it takes about 10min to fill the 1100 lb bags. I do run my front full now and it make the wave long as hell you can ride waaay back behind the boat...
    2011 242V Launch 409

http://www.667rockers.com/

Sweet...thanks for the pic's My boat is same color scheme but in Red with Black tower....different speaker configuration

Supra 24 Launch.jpg

Just curious how you felt the ballast worked out since you've had it set up for a while. We're looking at a 242 and surfing is our main interest. I know it's not the ideal surf boat, but it is a very nice boat, the nicest we've looked at and sea trialed. This includes the Enzo which was nice but the Supra outshone it pretty comprehensively.

Thanks

My 13 year old daughter surfed pretty well this weekend with the 1100 port sac and internal ballast filled 100%. We use a Hyperlite
    board that is the 48 inch model. No ballast up front seemed to work best and trim all the way down. Speed was 9.4 MPH
    I was able to go for a little bit without the rope but I think I might need a longer board or we need to do some more tweaking.

Still playing with speed and ballast for me..I weigh 175 and 9.4 seemed too slow but anything much faster and the wake started to
    break down. Gonna take another trip to get it all right.

Love the boat but not sure we have it tuned optimally yet for adults. Friends have a 2008 24 launch and said their son surfed for 10
    Minutes without the rope in calm water so maybe the trick is having really smooth water to optimize the wake.

Good luck with your purchase.....I think Supra makes the nicest package on the water both exterior and interiors....very functional.

I'll have to start a thread showing our new acquisition if it comes together!!!! If it does it will mean trading the 86 Sunsport but that's the way it goes. We've been successful surfing that ol gal for over two years so I am guessing we will be able to get a new big boat working. Should be fun.

I love this boat been out every weekend pretty much all summmer, lots of compliments on it as well. I call it the panty dropper just cause its got such a sleek look. Now for the surfing i did the 1100 on each side and just ordered a new prop from Acme per with 10-12 people and the ballast they reccomended the 2079 it will tap out around 28MPH but ill i do is surf so iam good with it. Only negitive is it takes about 10min to swap surf sides.
    2011 242V Launch 409

http://www.667rockers.com/

That's encouraging to hear. I figured the 1100 bags would be necessary. Luckily I have a couple thousand potential pounds worth of bags already so it will be easy to move them around to figure out what I want to make more permanent. Have the old boat all cleaned out and ready for the swap tomorrow. Can't imagine I will sleep much tonight, like Christmas eve when I was a much younger and substantially less hairy guy. Not that you asked.

Post some pics of yor boat and the wake when you have a chance. Congrats on your new baby