Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    Another thing , be sure not to let the bolt tighten up on it's way out ! I broke two off when I replaced my manifolds and risers ..
    And then broke an easy out off after , but mine were rusty also .. Heat is a good friend of mine , I apply it to anything I'm going to loosen up .. Where did u find the new manifolds and risers for 550? Is that shipped ?
    http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/presto/in...inch%20Exhaust
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post

Never say that again.
    I was thinking the same thing
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Are all the bolts tight? Just saying! I might use copper gasket prep on the new ones to for a positive seal between the block and manifold.

$169 for the Manifold! That's pretty good!

I realize this thread is a few months old but for those with rusty iron parts, here is the fix. I recently took a rusty SBC block, bought a large Rubbermaid tub and 5 gals of molasses. Dump the molasses into the tub, add 5 gals of water and then place the iron into the solution. fill with more water to cover the part completely and cover the container as the water will evaporate and come back in a month. My engine block was a beautiful dull iron color, just like it was out of the foundry. Right now i have two sets of SBC marine manifolds/risers in the solution, works perfect! It will not however, take paint or grease off so prep the block correctly before putting into the molasses mix.

over 800 hours on my 89 conbrio and still in great shape--all original gaskets and manifolds.

Mine are rather crusty inside, and I am a bit concerned. I guess I could pull them this winter and check them out. At least replace the gaskets and such.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM