Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just talked to my buddy today, luckily he was able to get a piece for skin grafted from his arm to cover the thumb, and still has all the functionality. But its still a good warning to surfers out there.
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

I just showed my summer school students during our break and they thought it was pretty cool. I, on the other hand, had to look away! Nasty! I use my wakeboard rope as well, but only the handle with the extensions. The mainline is not connected. Makes me think I need to buy a wakesurf rope really soon!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

updated pic,

photo (2).jpg
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

awwwwwww man that's gross. Hahahahaha. Looks like they grafted on some bacon without telling him.

come on...quit hogging the surf board

glad your bud is doing better. at least he didn't end up with a big toe for a thumb.

bacon.. that's funny! Wow that looks painfull!!

Here's a strange one... Last week I broke my middle finger surfing. Started to fall back and off balance so pulled on the rope a bit and felt a snap then let go. Surfed some more and it hurt like hell and got swollen huge. Rope didn't get wrapped around my hand or finger, didn't have it coiled up either. It's a large diameter surf rope. Kinda put a damper on my vaca, I type this as I stare out the window at glass that I know will just hurt to ride, and I wouldn't be able to ride well.

We have had a guy here locally that had the same type of thing happen except he was just helping let the rope out. The rope got tangled around is thumb and the rope got tight and just like a knife his thumb popped off. They had a cooler of beer and tossed the thumb in it and went to the hospital to reattach it. I think he had something like 5 surgeries and 2 months of non use. So be care full even when you not surfing.