Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks guys. I had my buddy get it on the trailer today so I could have a better view of trailer depth and angle. It clicked the first time.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I've been working on this and it seems that the more "flat" ramps give me the most issues. I'm thinking the friction on the hull is the issue. Has anyone put on the friction strips you see in Overtons?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    I back in the get the bunks wet - then I pull forward until the top of the fenders are about 2" underwater. This is the part where it varies depending
    on the steepness of the ramp - most people tend to go in too deep. It's a "concert" between truck driver and boat driver - both need to learn to recognize
    when it's lined up correctly and have signals if not.

When it works, it's a beautiful thing - back down, boat on - drive away to go secure the rest of the attach points -- people staring, I love it .
    You saved me!!! I read your post when I made the deal for my 07 24SSV last week and was able to load up with minimal problems the first time and by the 3rd time it was no big deal. Still looking forward to my marine railway into my boat house being finished next month then loading on the trailer will be a thing of the past.
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

There is a post out there from a few years ago where someone had the diagram of taking off the boat buddy lowering about 2inches and putting on a roller. That is what I did and that solved my issue.

I was looking at doing that, just lowering the mechanism a couple inches. What I did was put 3/8 ply under the front bunks and halfway down the middles. It made a huge difference.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Griswold View Post
    There is a post out there from a few years ago where someone had the diagram of taking off the boat buddy lowering about 2inches and putting on a roller. That is what I did and that solved my issue.
    Why did you have to lower it? I went and bought a 3 inch poly roller today and was going to swap it out this weekend just to eliminate the hassle.
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

The reason to lower it 2" is because just replacing the buddy with a roller, you still have to postion the trailer just right.
    I lowered it 2" and should have done it years ago when we bought it. Only issue is the hook now goes under the roller when winched up, so you have to float the boat, then loosen the strap, push the boat back some and unhook it when launching. But loading the boat looks like we did with others we have owned. No messing around with trailer depth at ramps we had issues at with this boat in the past.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"