Default Bought another inboard...

This time its not a supra but after building my previous supra this boat isn't really that different.. I got it cheap and I actaully love it. 1990 ski challenger.. 21ft.. I got a ton of compliments on its first trip out.. now its time for me to make it me.. Tower.. bimini.. racks.. stereo system.. the wake is pretty nice at 22mph.. boat runs great.. its not a supra but the price was right and it looks awesome

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/dshaff24/

click the pic to enlarge.. Ive heard people comment on these boats since there not a mastercraft.. supra or malibu but there really no different... Im definitly happy about it
    Last edited by dshaff24; 06-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.

When I bought my boat I chose it over buying a 1998 Wake Challenger from an Ex's dad. At the time, I was talked about of the "bayliner" by my wakeboard friends that had their noses pretty far in the air.

I really should have bought that boat instead. It was an inboard with a tower on it, open bow, factory ballast, a black scorpion fuel injected engine, heaters and everything else that a "real" wakeboard boat had.

Congrats! Looks like a nice boat from here!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I've never heard of one of those.

It's pretty cool-looking though!

The wake is better or worse than your Supra?
    More pics please!
    I'm Travis.
    1984 Supra Rider XL.
    Chevy small-block 400ci
    Holley 4150 Carb
    13x12.5 Prop
    Lots of rot... no interior... needs tons of work... but it floats and pulls me on the wakeboard, so I'm happy!!

In all honesty... On forums everyone calls them bayliners lol... We had a byliner back in the day and I don t see what the big deal is even if it was... The design is sleek.. Same motor n trans as the supra.. 351with velvet tranny.. It's got a factory water cooled driveshaft seal and a heater. Things I'm not really to happy about is lack of storage..supra used every space for something!! The wake is identical to the supra... I dunno how the surf wake will be with the fiberglass swim deck but soon enough I'll know. It's got a ton of space for coolers and stuff.. Wide beam with open gun whales.

I'll post more pics tomarrow

Here's one like I regret not buying. It was a 1997 with a fiberglass swim deck and a v-drive. Who else was making V-drives in 1997 for wakeboarding?

wow man.. that thing is nice for a 97!! how much did he want back then for it?

Interesting choice, congrats on being back in the biz. It'll be cool to see it transform.

Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    wow man.. that thing is nice for a 97!! how much did he want back then for it?
    I could have purchased it in 2002 for about $14k.

He bought it as a repo with 38 hours on it for $16k. Came with the dealership invoice for $46k.