Default Shredded Impeller Question....

I have a friend that shredded his impeller on his Moomba. No really, it's not me it's a friend of mine. He shredded the impeller this weekend and got the typical over heating situation. When the impeller was replaced and the boat was put back into the water the boat would bog down and die at about 25 mph. He then removed the thermostate and hoses that go to the water pump to clean out the additional debris. He found some. He put the boat back in the water and the boat again bcame sluggish and died after about 10 sec of running at 25 mph. Any suggestions on what may be causing this. I beleive he said the temp was running at about 180 degrees which is a little warm but should be O.K. I know it probably is still from pieces somewhere in the engine, but where are a few common and uncommon places these pieces can hide.

Thanks!

Scott
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Sounds like he may have knocked something loose while changing the impellor.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

I agree -- this sounds like unrelated issues that just coincidentally happened at the same time. Sounds like this one is fuel related to me.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.