Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats! I'm so stoked for you.... Form looks really good. The only advice I have for you at this point is to just put miles on.... You'll probably stick that 360 before I do!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Oh also -- better start looking out for a new board. You're going to get bored with that one in no time. Welcome to the addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Oh also -- better start looking out for a new board. You're going to get bored with that one in no time. Welcome to the addiction.
    Thanks man! I have a lot of work to do before I start thinking about 3's! The buddy I was with said I should think about take the outside fins off. I think I will try that out next time.

Nice play on words with getting bored with my board!

What board do you suggest?

BTW--I'm totally hooked!!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

I have a DD and after a lot of trying, I am close to getting it dialed in. What I was told, was a DD likes a lot of weight in the center of the boat. In addition, it likes more of an evenly distributed amount of weight. So... try evening the weight out. I am not saying that you need to have it exactly even on both sides. You still need the boat to list to the surf side... just don't fall into the typical setup of piling the wight all on one side.

Hope that helps.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Quote Originally Posted by cmtaylor777 View Post
    I have a DD and after a lot of trying, I am close to getting it dialed in. What I was told, was a DD likes a lot of weight in the center of the boat. In addition, it likes more of an evenly distributed amount of weight. So... try evening the weight out. I am not saying that you need to have it exactly even on both sides. You still need the boat to list to the surf side... just don't fall into the typical setup of piling the wight all on one side.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you for your insight. Now that I've caught the wave I will start messing around with ballast placement to see how big I can get it. My buddy I was with did mention that I would probably get a better wave on the starboard side since I have a RH prop. Not sure I want to try riding goofy as of yet. Need a lot more practice!
    Last edited by kvand347; 07-11-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: I meant RH prop!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Not sure about that. I can't get a surfable wave on the starboard side (although I haven't spent tons of time trying....) I think his logic is backwards there.

As far as boards -- I can't even begin to open that can of worms. Here's my recomendation -- get everyone that you can hooked on the sport of wakesurfing and then encourage them to buy boards. Or buy up any used boards that you can find. Or start making/shaping boards. You'll be amazed how different every board rides. Once you start trying to spin or get air, they make a HUGE difference.

I've been trying to get people hooked...just like with wakeboarding. Unfortunately my friends like to use my stuff and not buy their own. I've been okay with that right now because we are all at that age where our kids are young and expensive. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they would let me use their snowboards? Hmmm...if not, then why do they get to use my equipment?

I will be looking for some used boards. If you find any, please let me know!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport

Quote Originally Posted by cmtaylor777 View Post

Hope that helps.
    So what is your set up now?

Glad to hear you're getting it worked out. I'm in the same boat (well, different boat - Saltare, 1:1, LH). I thought my first attempt at setting up a surf wake looked good on the port side, until my wannabe surf chick daughter reminded me she's RFF. Hopefully I'll have better luck than Wotan setting up the starboard side for her. Continued good luck in your quest...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    Glad to hear you're getting it worked out. I'm in the same boat (well, different boat - Saltare, 1:1, LH). I thought my first attempt at setting up a surf wake looked good on the port side, until my wannabe surf chick daughter reminded me she's RFF. Hopefully I'll have better luck than Wotan setting up the starboard side for her. Continued good luck in your quest...
    My guess is that the LH props are going to have a better port wake than starboard since that is the direction the prop is turning. Again, just a guess. I'm sure with the right amount of weight you can surf either side of our boats.

I can't wait to surf some more this weekend! Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes!
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport