Default suggestions...take out muffler?

Hey all,

wanted to hear some suggestions on replacing my 92 comp muffler and just running 3 1/2 exhaust tubes straight out the back. this should clean up the engine compartment and also give her a little more volume when WOT.

shes kinda loud now with a crack in the muffler and one flapper missing, so got her a new set of flappers, just need some advice on the exhaust.
    ** see pics **351 PCM (WinCE).JPG

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

i can tell you I had a 92 and when i first got it it had straight pipes. It is defintly very very loud and alot of people will ask what do you have in there. With all of that being said I only kept it that way about a week because it just was to loud and hard to talk to anyone in the boat

yeah that was one of my concerns...but on the river, someones going to have a tower system cranked at the sandbar with a system thats worth more than my set up...

maybe just fiberglass the crack in the muffler and be done with it?
    the 3 1/2 in. exhaust tube is like $110 for a 6ft. section...

i might try it...it will clean it up and have a little rumble, if its too crazy loud ill swap it back to factory!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

mufflers, schmufflers, lol. lots of 454's around here w/o them.

there's a thread in the modifications section about a homemade fresh air exhaust. if i had time to use my boat lately, that would be a cool mod.

made up my mind...going to lose the muffler and run 3 1/2 in. exhaust straight out the back! its gonna be loud but also going to turn some heads. this will be a quick mod, due to Independence day only 2 days away. parts on monday mod on tuesday and out to the river on wed. by 9am to get a prime location. ill try and post some pics.

might do a quick oil change and fuel filter as well...
    gonna be a busy day!

ride on...
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

post a vid of the straight pipe exhaust.

Jetlink runs straight pipes with flappers on his Comp. Check with him - said it's loud & mean just the way he likes it...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Mine is straight, it's not bad but I am also use to loud exhaust since I have a stack on my truck