Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 22nd

It does look really nice...but pickle fork nose? C'mon now.

Sooooooo it looks the Malibu MXZ with a Nautique tower? Okay.

It doesn't look bad, but it really is a dead ringer for the MXZ. I saw a lot of new boats this weekend. Malibu's new ride (sexy as hell) and the new X-star (holy crap). I used to hate X-stars, but this thing was badass. Except for the orange interior, yep that's right it was orange.

No pics, I fail. I was drunk and tired, and the color scheme looked like throw-up.

Fugly boat. Tower is hideous and those types always looked flimsy to me, surely there will be flex issues eventually given the narrow frame and mounting. There is not a proper set of gauges, instead a goofy flat screen. The windshield is entirely too round. The hull lacks sharp defined lines, it's just a blob. I could be mistaken but I don't see cupholders in the bow or near the driver.

The wake looks killer though! At the end of the day it doesn't matter how ugly a boat is, or if it doesn't have luxury items like cupholders where you want them. All that really matters is the wake, which this looks like it does well, and the driveability... Which this fails at in my book since it has some wacky flatscreen instead of a proper set of gauges. Halfway there I guess.

FYI
    Pics clearly show cup holders in the bow and at the drivers helm.....
    Definitely not for everyone, but I really like it and I think this will be a hit with the current generation of boat buyers. It will be hard for old school Supra owners to grasp cause it is way different.

I friggin love it. I was scouring wakeworld last night till I saw the goods! Thanks for posting the photos Diggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    FYI
    Pics clearly show cup holders in the bow and at the drivers helm.....
    Definitely not for everyone, but I really like it and I think this will be a hit with the current generation of boat buyers. It will be hard for old school Supra owners to grasp cause it is way different.
    Ah, I see them now. I suppose it's what the new age people want... Just like cars, they're all cookie cutter econoboxes that look exactly the same. Just disappointing nobody makes an attractive and stylish boat these days, most just look tacky to me.

I like the NEW look, I think it looks like the AXIS boats. It has six cup holders in the bow.....lol a decent amount for the beers to sit in the bow. I'm not a huge fan of the tower....but I think it looks decent. It's always hard to please people when a boat mfg and car mfg changes the style/models, but if you don't change with the times, you WILL get left behind. So props to Supra, they did a great job IMO....but hey I still like the old supra's as well, one reason is because I can afford mine HA. What was the price of that boat? 70K?
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

Great looking boat to me! Way roomy. Love the fact of Tanks plus plug/n/play ballast.. looks like snap out carpet too?

Most every category in Consumer products evolve and a new design/look becomes the standard for others.. So it seems, pickle fork is growing due to the extra width and length you can get. That front is QUITE ROOMY.
    SOme dont like the metal flake...there are many color options... The Tower? I like it.. I have the Progressive...which was a different look from previous designs.. the S Bend is clean, and looks to fold quite easy.. WE'lll see what comes for Z5 options...
    FWIW, I have DIBS on Diggs' 2013 NEXT FALL
    Brad
    2011 Supra 21V
    Big Bay Lake, Mississippi / Baton Rouge, LA

I think the gauges are kind of a nice, hybrid set up. Old-school MPH and RPM's, plus digital for stuff like cruise, temp, oil, ballast, music, acc, etc.

I'm really liking the hull and the chrome accent piece they put in above the rubrail on the sides of the bow. If I were buying a boat I wouldn't particularly pick this hull as my first choice, but I think for a boat that is obviously designed to compete directly with the XStar and Malibu MXZ, this thing looks great.

I hate those tower shapes on all boat brands. I think if they offer it with this tower, it will look killer: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAw&dur=1299

I'm not sold on these now towers but there must be a functionality that I just don't get.... They certainly seem to be a step backwards in terms of aesthetics.

I think the boat looks amazing. The only thing that I really, really, really don't like is that you can't get a boat now without the computer screen. I'd love to own one with a computer package while it was under warranty... but.... 15 years from now (when I can afford one) they are going to be REALLY out of date and probably non-functional. What do you do at that point?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.