Hybrid View

Default 2006 supra launch won't accelerate

I have a 2006 supra launch and today when I was leaving the cove it would not accelerate. I would hit the throttle and and feel the tranny engage but the engine just idles. The fastest it would go is 2 mph. Do u guys think it's a tps throttle position sensor?

Possible pp issue?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    Possible pp issue?
    How could it be the perfect pass?

Sounds like a linkage or in this case throttle cable issue either at the engine or throttle lever. It must move enough to engage the tranny, but then slip when trying to move any further? Does it do the same thing for reverse? Make sure you are getting the full travel out of your cable and then go from there.
    2005 22 SSV GG

its the same way for reverse. like i said it engages but no throttle response even when i floor it.Does an 06 motor have throttle by wire?

It should be throttle by wire, it's not a tps sensor per say (they call it something else just can't think of it right now). What might be happening and is a cheaper and easier fix is the butterfly might be getting stuck inside of the throttle body housing, you can remove the throttle body and butterfly then clean any corrosion that might be holding the butterfly shut. The motor isn't very strong so if it is corroded it won't be able to open the butterfly. Other than that it could be possible to be a wiring issue but i doubt it, so if it isn't dirty it looks like you may be ready to drop about $1500 on a new throttle body.

Old thread but I am having the same issue and wonder what you found your issue to be. Shifts into fwd and reverse but will not accelerate. Sometimes if I turn off the engine and restart it it will accelerate until I shift to neutral. After going to neutral it will shift into gear but not accelerate again until I turn it off and restart the engine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If you push the neutral button on the throttle can you get it to rev?

I had the same issue with my 2006 Launch. It ended up that my elbow hit the stock cruise control that overtook the perfect pass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 21V