Default Prop walk to port

I just bought a 1989 TS6m from my uncle and it has a funny behavior, it pulls to port in reverse. This was not always the case, it used to pull to starboard, but it changed when the shaft was replaced about 5 years ago. It looks to me like it is a 13" right drive, 3 blade prop with a few nicks on the ends of the blades. Is this the original prop? I cannot find anything about the factory prop in the manual or on the Michigan Wheel site which was the supplier of props that year.
    Last edited by toddhaugen; 07-03-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Inboards really don't steer in reverse they tend to pull 1 direction. My comp does the same thing

Yes, I am expecting it to pull, just in the other direction. It used to pull starboard and now it pulls port. Since it is right drive it should pull to starboard as it does but I am thinking it was switched from a left drive to a right drive so I was hoping someone could educate me on the original set up...

If you have a left hand rotation prop, the boat will pull starboard.......a right hand rot prop will pul to the port in reverse
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

It should be pulling to the right in reverse, if its pulling left its not the original prop, which was prob replaced with the shaft. I may not be 100% right but all the 89 comps i know of and have been on (including mine) pull right.

Something more than the prop has to have been changed to switch rotation from LH to RH. Transmission or engine, namely.
    1989 Bravura - repowered with 2001 PCM 351 GT-40 - 1.23:1 PCM Trans.
    1989 comp - sold
    1985 comp - sold