Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have it rebuilt and perhaps look for a spare starter and alt. I have been known on pulling them apart to check the brushes and simple stuff too on Sunday afternoons.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

If you can have it rebuilt by a local shop (as compared to buying a rebuilt one from a store) usually you will get far superior internals.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

any old school auto electrical shop can rebuild them.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! My new to me 2004 supra launch did this all spring. I was even running 2 batteries on it to help. Before you change out your starter you should consider changing out the ignition ($20 for new one with 2 new keys). Ours was pooched. If you turned the key to far it would make the sound as if it was trying to turn over...ie flat spot on your starter or bad solenoid. I thought it was the starter. Then we realized that if I wasn't so agressive and just slowly turned it without hitting the end of the key stroke it would turn over with no problem, however it would not fire the injectors, but when you let off the key it would fire and then sputter.

We then realized what was happening was that some corrosion or something within the tumbler was causing it to not split the power to both the starter and the computer until it was a hair past the accessory position.

We changed it out and voila no more starter issues!!

Ok guys... It was the starter. Pulled it off, sent it to an old school shop and had it rebuilt. i een talked to the local Supra shop and he said they use to have them rebuilt all the time until they found that the rebuilt ones were almost the same cost as a new one. I found a place to rebuild for 60 bucks while a new one was 260.

Went out over the weekend and it worked like a champ. Thanks guys for all the help!!!
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."