Default Broken throttle control, parts needed ASAP in Maine

Tonight my throttle control broke. The brass piece on the end of the throttle cable that goes through the morse control with a cotter pin in the end snapped. Throttle cable moved freely but maybe a little stiff.

It looks like what I need is http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R024024. Problem being skidim is in SC and I'm currently in Oxford Maine on vacation through Sunday. So I need this part ASAP and probably should put new throttle and shift cables in while I'm at it. It's dark so I can't easily pull the cables at the moment. Does anyone know the length of throttle and shift cables I need for an '89 Saltare? Also, more importantly, a source to get them either Sunday or Monday in Maine or possibly NH? Maybe someone knows of a good dealer that may have this stuff on the shelf?

Well I managed to find the brass throttle end piece, 3 hours and 5 marinas later. The tit is a little longer but I got some brass washers to space it out and it works. $15 vs $3 from skidim... but worth it to enjoy my vacation on the water.

The Moomba dealer here, Moose Landing, I thought was my best shot since they are a Skiers Choice dealer. They had none and couldn't get me one until Tuesday. They had no 18' throttle cables but gave me a used one for cheaper... That turned out to be useless as is was in fact a 16' cable. Of course I found this out after fishing it through my bilge. So I cleaned and lubricated the old cable so it works smoothly.

So all's well that ends well, back in action on the water.

Glad you were able to figure it out. Hope the finger splint wasn't related?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

haha Thanks. Broke my finger wakesurfing. Bizarre, was falling back and tugged the rope a bit. Felt a *crack* and let go. Surfed a while longer and finger was hurting pretty bad so got in the boat and drove for my buddy for a while... Next thing i know my finger is twice it's size. Great way to start my vacation, so I haven't been riding much.