Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I'll take pictures this weekend. Monday I'll write it up.
    Cool, thanks.

Part of the light's effect comes from the semi-reflective dome the light is recessed in. And realistically, you can't even see it. The original lights were white in there, so its not far from looking original.

WOW! nice post, awsome pics. I got my carpet redone and just covered the light holes. Don't do much in the boat at night. Just found a new reason to uncover those little guys!

thanks for taking the time to post this!
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

I have done all my lights to LEDs and I love them- on the rear facing nav lights I used 'warm white' LEDs to avoid problems with the law. They do look almost like the old bulbs- only much better as you can sit with the anchor light on all night without worry. Haugy, great write-up, I wish we lived near each other so I could hang out on that sofa in the photo, have a beer and mess with boats!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't spray paint the body before installing the lights. A touch of black spray paint would make 'em look like new. My only critique.
    Actually, all I had to was use some plastic cleaner to remove the oxidation, and they are back to black. SPRAY PAINT!?!?!?! Whatchoo been smokin willis? Ain't no spray paint going anywhere in my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackntan90 View Post
    I have done all my lights to LEDs and I love them- on the rear facing nav lights I used 'warm white' LEDs to avoid problems with the law. They do look almost like the old bulbs- only much better as you can sit with the anchor light on all night without worry. Haugy, great write-up, I wish we lived near each other so I could hang out on that sofa in the photo, have a beer and mess with boats!
    Come on down anytime, door is always open and the beer is always cold.