Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

haugy, good write up and love the idea. LED's are also on my list, but so many things have trumped it. I think I'm missing some of the original lighting on my Sunsport. I basically only have lights under the rear cup holders and up front. When I do this I'll either add the stock lighting assemblies like you have, in the proper places or do some other creative idea like hidden rope lighting...haven't decided yet. Good to know about the blue attracting bugs issue...that would certainly be an issue here, as well.

i've been looking forward to this thread. those pics you originally posted (and posted again in this thread) look fantastic. chalk me up as another w/o the factory lights in seat bases. i highly doubt mine weren't original but as we all know, you can almost never trust a previous owner. i'm wondering if there was a starting date around '88-'89.

also put me in the camp of wanting to do this project. i never get out at night now though. i used to have a neighbor's slip to borrow but not anymore. envious of you guys who get out at night, love the late night cruises. wifey, not so much.

how about led nav lights or tower light? i'm living vicariously through you guys, don't leave me hangin...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    how about led nav lights or tower light? i'm living vicariously through you guys, don't leave me hangin...lol.
    Yeah my wife and I do a date night every two weeks where we drop off lil'squirt at the Inlaws and go out. In the summer it's a nice cruise at around 6pm to the restaurant on the water. Enjoy dinner and drinks until dark, then cruise home.

Salty, it's funny you mention that, those are on my list. But I have another project lined up before that one. *evil grin*

I'll try to make some time to post a thread of my LED's - switched em all. Bow, stern, tower, gauges, interior (you'll love or hate them), UW transom. Not nearly as factory pure as Haugy's, but it'll give another perspective.

Come on, Haugy - we knew you weren't done. Can't wait to see what you've got brewing... Again, great job on the LED's (especially nice touch with the toggled colors).
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Nice write up and great work. I too have been planning on doing this in my sunsport. Definitely doing red to avoid the bugs and blinding brightness from the other colored led's. Plus my boat is red/white with red carpet... I'm diggin' those floods under the cup holders but I was planning on trying this red led light in the link below for floor lighting. After reading your write up though, I think I should probably just go your route. It has to be brighter. May order the sea sense anyways just to see. It's only a few bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000QU...dir_mdp_mobile

Looks great Haugy! Definitely will have to look into to this when it gets a little cooler outside. None of my interior lights work currently, and I haven't looked into why, so I may need some additional electrical work when I do it. Thanks for the great write-up!
    Daniel

'91 SunSport 10th Anniversary - "The White Whale"
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ersary-Edition

Quote Originally Posted by whelchel86 View Post
    Nice write up and great work. I too have been planning on doing this in my sunsport. Definitely doing red to avoid the bugs and blinding brightness from the other colored led's. Plus my boat is red/white with red carpet... I'm diggin' those floods under the cup holders but I was planning on trying this red led light in the link below for floor lighting. After reading your write up though, I think I should probably just go your route. It has to be brighter. May order the sea sense anyways just to see. It's only a few bucks.
    The red on a red boat does look awesome, I can vouch for that. The SeaSense will not be as bright, I will bet on that. So far I have not found any as bright as Oznium's. Can't hurt to try those out though since they are a factory fit.

Here is my old red Mariah with Red LEDs.

Not to hijack or redirect, but is the seat mod write up coming soon. Been anxious to see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Not to hijack or redirect, but is the seat mod write up coming soon. Been anxious to see that one.
    I'll take pictures this weekend. Monday I'll write it up.

I wish I had the upper cupholders up front...I don't have any light up there.