Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

yes i know it is wood base. but everything is still strong and has many thick coats of fiber glass. even the wood blocks that hold the windshields in are glassed over. speaking of which. we need a new left windshield. we were thinking about making one out of Acrylic. but back to the ski pylon bracket i guess no one knows how to do it theright way. so i guess we just have to cut that piece of floor out
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

I don't think there is any procedure called the "right way" while working on these boats. They all seem to be unique in different ways . To do this. If the floor don't come up the cut it out.

Cut the piece of floor out along the stringers that run that way, before putting it back in because it was one piece put wood reinforcements underneath it just like the back panel area in back of the engine cover, and replace the floor. If you had that much rust there was a big problem somewhere down the line, all the older comps i've seen I havnt seen anything that bad especially on a 94. I have a 89 with no rust in that area, looks like the boat was flooded many times.

no just the one time flood. the "muffler" has leaked for a long time (since we owned and longer) and normal prop shaft leak, and 5 years ago the water pump seal started leaking. but we never let the water get above the bilge pump before pumping it out. (this would be just over the bottom part of the bracket where the bolts go through) this is a bare piece of steel that is original. the boat prob has over 1500 hrs. (hour gauge stopped at 350 and some) but supra really should have painted the piece but oh well.

and that was the plan from the start. cut the piece out and find ways to support it when we re-install it.

we have fixed the muffler and it is completely hollow now. We have parts on way to fix leaky water pump. And Shaft leak is only a tad bit more than normal but wont be touched.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1984 E-Scow

Quote Originally Posted by 92SupraComp View Post
    no just the one time flood. the "muffler" has leaked for a long time (since we owned and longer) and normal prop shaft leak, and 5 years ago the water pump seal started leaking. but we never let the water get above the bilge pump before pumping it out. (this would be just over the bottom part of the bracket where the bolts go through) this is a bare piece of steel that is original. the boat prob has over 1500 hrs. (hour gauge stopped at 350 and some) but supra really should have painted the piece but oh well.

and that was the plan from the start. cut the piece out and find ways to support it when we re-install it.

we have fixed the muffler and it is completely hollow now. We have parts on way to fix leaky water pump. And Shaft leak is only a tad bit more than normal but wont be touched.
    Supra did paint the bracket thats why Im not understanding why yours was not, was it replaced somewhere down the line or someone else worked on it? It might of even flaked off but they painted them all black

really???? wow. all i can see is bare steel when i look at the bracket. ok here we go. Its a 1992 that was sold at a supra Dealership On Sunapee Lake, NH. We bought it in 1994 from someone on Sunapee Lake. The hour gauge stopped running at 350 hours before we bought the boat. so who knows how many hours it had. We really havent done anything till this summer. She has just been needing more and more tlc over the years and we are finally giving her the tlc.

Now the previous owner all that we know of has over heated the exhaust bad! we had to cut off the 4 sections of 3.5" hose to get the "muffler" out. He over heated it so bad that the ENTIRE baffle in the fiberglass muffler lost almost all of its resin causing it to just collapse into big chunks that I removed a months ago. The two outlets on the muffler were leaking as well. It was in terrible shape. So we glassed almost the entire thing and now its like new.

Other than that nothing else was wrong with the boat. I wonder if it is a different bracket or some how it didnt get painted. Idk. The boat does have its original carpet which means no one has pulled up the floor....

1984 E-Scow

You can take the boat to a dealer and find out how many hours on it, my guess is the rust that got to it ate the paint off, best bet is to find someone it happened to ( i think there was someone in this thread it did) and see if there's was painted. Every one I ran into has been black. I'd contact a supra dealer and talk to a tech, they would know best what supra did and did not do since they've maybe ran in to some that havnt been painted????? mine are black and rust free still after 25 yrs and black

how would supra know how many hours are on the boat??? also. it must have been a lousy paint job then i guess. but. as for calling supra. just use a number from this site??

1984 E-Scow

If you take it to a mechanic they can plug a machine in to the motor and see how many hours are on it, yea just search dealers in your area with the find dealers, you can try any boat repair shop that deals with supra's to find out. blackntan90 said he had it happen to his, you can see if his was painted too. If you replace it only suggestion I can make is use a acid wash primer then a 2k then black paint. The acid wash will kill any moisture on it already and protect it from rusting

Quote Originally Posted by jshepp122 View Post
    If you take it to a mechanic they can plug a machine in to the motor and see how many hours are on it, yea just search dealers in your area with the find dealers, you can try any boat repair shop that deals with supra's to find out.
    Plug a machine into what? The carb? Or the hour gauge? There is no way to know how many hours on that engine and it really doesn't matter since engines are cheap, quick, and easy.