Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1986 Sun Sport Parts

I'm new to this forum but active in the Correct Craft and Shamrock forums. I bought a rough 1986 Supra Sun Sport 19 in order to get the trailer for a wood Chris Craft I'm restoring. Now, I find the trailer won't fit through my garage door and I'm parting-out the Sun Sport and selling the trailer. The hour meter is hooked-up and reads 811 hours. The PCM 351 left hand engine looks cruddy, but was winterized in 2009, the oil and transmission fluid was changed at that time and is very clean. The engine is equipped with a MSD electronic ignition. I don't yet know the condition of the engine, but plan on getting it started next week.

The interior or the boat is junk. The motor box is just OK, The Morse throttle/gear control, the rudder and tiller arm, strut, shaft and log, 13 X 13 cupped Nibral prop, fin, swim platform and brackets, steering wheel, teak trim pieces, windshield, lift rings, gas tank, and the SUPER TRAP exhaust tips are all in very good condition.

The trailer has no decals or name plate, but looks like it came with the boat when new. It's a single axle with no brakes and the boat fits between the carpeted inner fenders and has a prop cage. Trailer has very minor rust issues and the carpeted plywood running boards behind the fenders seem a little soft. The tires will need replaced but bearings are OK and did not get hot on a 2 hour trip. All in all, it's a very nice trailer and does not need painted, but could use a touch-up.

You may reach me at: [email protected] or phone 330-244-0120 in North Canton, Ohio
    Last edited by sam; 08-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Can you post a picture of the boat? What would want for the whole thing?

And please put a price for the parts. Thanks

I've already started taking the boat apart but nothing's damaged. The Kevlar hull is in very good condition, top, sides, and bottom. The floor is rotted and I don't know the condition of the stringers. I would sell the whole boat and trailer for $1,000 for a quick sale. I won't have time to do a parts price list and get pictures posted until Tuesday night.

Thanks for your interest,

Sam

I would like dims on the swim plat form and pics of the exhaust tips.

Will be in your area on business on Thursday. Would love to connect up and view boat / parts / trailers. Will contact you Thursday morning to discuss possibilities.
    Thank you -
    Chris

Interested in the swim platform, pm me!

Sorry for the slow reply, my computer's been down for 2 weeks.

The teak swim platform is 72 inches X 18 inches and is in good condition and comes with the three original stainless steel brackets. $150.
    Steering wheel with center cap............$75
    Bronze strut........$100
    Bronze fin........$75
    Bronze rudder...........$150
    Bronze shaft log..........$50
    Stainless steel propeller shaft................$100
    Fuel tank............$100

All prices are plus shipping. Everything except tank, platform, and shaft will fit in USPS boxes for a max of $16 each.
    Last edited by sam; 08-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Be careful with that fuel tank, pretty sure that they can't accept the fuel tank for shipping if it has been used.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

What about the Gauges?? Speedometers and other??
    kriley
    90 comp ts6m

did someone already get the platform?