Default 87 TS6M Bilge Pump Location?

Feel like a total tool asking this question..lol But how do you get to the bilge pump on an 87 comp? Is there an access panel to get to it? I see where the hose runs in the bow and have an idea but don't see any way to get to it. I am bringing on a decent amout of water and pump is not working at all. Had water all the way up to the remote filter on stringers yesterday. Glad I had another bilage with me for filling ballast bag that I was able to pump water out with so I made it back fine.

Should be a round black access panel near the ski pylon and captains seat in the floor, pop that sucker off and the bilge pump should be there or just a little forward of that hole.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

also a little forward inside that access hatch are a couple of bolts that, if they've loosened up, can let a good deal of water in.

I do not have the access pannel on mine. I think when they removed the ski pole and did new interior they never put it back in the new floor? Would it be possible to get a measurement from engine cover to center of panel from someone so I can cut a new one?

i will measure mine tonight and let ya know. i have a 92 comp so it should be similar...but
    every boat is different so not sure it will be exact, but should give you an idea.
    -Mike
    92 Supra Comp
    351 PCM

I have a Sunsport, my front access is two or three inches off the front seat in the middle of the boat. I would cut the carpet with a knife, then use a saw an cut the wood out. Then install something like this to make it easier, you can always go bigger if you wanted though.
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...6&merchID=4006
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

on my 89 comp its 6 inches forward from ski pole (9in from engine cover mount) and 4 inches over from the 6 in mark, that would be the center of the hole. your end location would be center of the hole
    Last edited by jshepp122; 07-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks for the info Ill get it figured out thats what I thought but just making sure. Kinda hard to see the bilge with the motor installed.