Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just can't imagine that it wouldn't run like crap with that much (enough to smell) un-burned fuel going-out the exhaust...

I'm stumped too...
    I'm Travis.
    1984 Supra Rider XL.
    Chevy small-block 400ci
    Holley 4150 Carb
    13x12.5 Prop
    Lots of rot... no interior... needs tons of work... but it floats and pulls me on the wakeboard, so I'm happy!!

I've contacted the MasterCraft dealer / tech (the only inboard dealer in the area at the lake the boat is on) and he sounded stumped as well. I told him to go ahead and get the boat and check it out. Since the boat is 3.5 hours away at the lake I use it on, I hate to spend a whole weekend diagnosing a problem instead of enjoying being on the water.... I'll post what the outcome is once he's had a chance to look at it. Maybe he will find that it actually is running like crap because of plugs not firing, but seemed normal to me??? Keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing too major, but rather just an adjustment. - Thanks Again!!!!

I had the same problem on my 1999 Supra Santera. The high pressure fuel pump is water cooled. There was a recall on it. It was supposed to be bypassed. Yours, like mine, must not have been done. Now you have a pin sized hole in your high pressure fuel pump, causing gas to leak into the exhaust. You have to replace the high pressure fuel pump, and bypass the water cooling canister. Good luck if you haven't already figured it out.

Waiting for your response 89conbrio as to whether you solved your problem based on advice from " mellis" on previous post.
    Pls advise