Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2500HD, what are the dimensions of the board you used? looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    2500HD, what are the dimensions of the board you used? looks good.
    10x24 from square edge to long point. I may back that size down to 8x20 on my next one. I don't think it needed to be that big.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    10x24 from square edge to long point. I may back that size down to 8x20 on my next one. I don't think it needed to be that big.
    Thanks for the info. I've been reading up on these since last summer and will be taking a shot at building one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been reading up on these since last summer and will be taking a shot at building one soon.
    Good luck, The one i built worked well enough that my buddy wants one for his 06 mobius xlv. I'll just have to use machine screws to mount my ram mount.
    Function before fashion!

How about angles? What is the angle from the beam (how far it sticks out past the side of the boat) and is it compounded?
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Yes, except for the $500.00 cost of the trim tabs.
    touche'...... sometimes i forget the perks of working at a dealer. love the parts at cost thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    How about angles? What is the angle from the beam (how far it sticks out past the side of the boat) and is it compounded?
    I did compound the angle to follow the transom, i think it was 10 or 11 degrees and came off the side of the boat at 22.5 degrees.
    Function before fashion!

so the compound angle was for aesthetics or for the performance of the gate? How did you come up with 22.5 degrees? No reason to reinvent the wheel if you know what I mean. Additionally I have read several posts from people saying that it doesn't generate a lot of pressure on what it is mounted to. Although I haven't witnessed it first hand but watching the videos I have to believe this isn't the case. There redirecting a lot of water. I curious for your thoughts on that. thanks.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    so the compound angle was for aesthetics or for the performance of the gate? How did you come up with 22.5 degrees? No reason to reinvent the wheel if you know what I mean. Additionally I have read several posts from people saying that it doesn't generate a lot of pressure on what it is mounted to. Although I haven't witnessed it first hand but watching the videos I have to believe this isn't the case. There redirecting a lot of water. I curious for your thoughts on that. thanks.
    The compound was also to follow the side of the boat, that was the 10 degree. the 22.5 was out from boat and also following the transom down. My first post was sort of misleading. as far as the amount of force generated. I have no way of calculating that but if you stick the end of an oar in the water doing 10.5mph its about the same.
    Function before fashion!

Cool. I've been kicking around th idea of a modular system that clamps onto the step and is automated like the teakgate system.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001