Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Delete warning buzzer

I have an '88 Bravura and the idiot light and sound panel is driving us nuts. Has anyone successfully deleted this feature without interfering with the gauge functions ? If yes .... how??

I not sure how it was done but mine doesn't have a warning buzzer

90 bravura 351 1.23/1pmc40 Pefectpass stargazer wake
    You only need two tools wd-40 and duck tape
    If it should move and doesn't wd40
    If it moves and shouldent duck tape

Oh yeah, mine had one going all the time. Found the buzzer device, and YANK! No more buzzing. I ended up later tracing the wire, and cutting it clean. But yeah, that will drive ya nuts.

The whole time you're going...."but all my gauges are good, wtf?!?!?!?!"

Mine doesn't buzz, but idiot lights for fuel and oil come on often... Reach under and jiggle the wire/plug into that little electric box things under the dash and they go off. Probably just loose or corroded plug and spades. If I ever stop being lazy I'll actually have a closer look at mine.

on most boats the buzzers r low quality and die. such as our cc martinique. but some supras have the buzzer built into the idiot light/buzzer box. just put tap over the buzzer or unplug the box and no buzzer but also no idiot lights.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

on mine, the board is unplugged

the gauges work fine, but no buzzer and no idiot lights.

I unplugged mine as well. It is up under the helm. Seems the idiot lights and buzzer are tied into that control unit so it disables both when you unplug it.

you might actually be able to fix it by adjusting those blue pots, but it never seemed worthwhile to me

ours is a sealed box with buzzer. if you want you can just snip the wires to the buzzer if you have to older style setup. so that way you still get idiot lights. also. oh boy what a mess that wiring is!! ours was pretty bad but i sure neatened it up!!! i added a 10 gang brass terminal bus bar for grounding.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Thanks very much guys! You confirmed my thoughts. Its going to be fixed this weekend!