Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My 1999 Santera Before & After Wrap

I've been meaning to post pics of my customized Santara for a while now and am just now getting to it. If found a 99 Santera last year with 100 hours on it. I thought it would be a perfect project boat. I designed the wrap, tower, stereo, carpet, deck pad, rub rail, interior details, window tint and trailer all myself in about 5 weeks. It was quite the labor of love, but the outcome was well worth it. It's quite the head turner and people are quite surprised when I tell them it's a 1999. Here are some pics of before and after.

Supra Before.jpgSupra on Black Trailer.jpgSupra on Water Distressed.jpgSupra in idle.jpg

I am speechless. Is that really the same boat? Beautiful job, that had to be a TON of work. Only 100 hrs for a 13 yr old boat! Enjoy that thing. Is it a vdrive? How about some more interior pics.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Supra made a v-drive in 1999?? Who built that tower? I'm speechless!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I don't have any real good interior photos. However I do have some here while I was doing the work I'll share.

Here is a before and after of the full interior. This is before I did the carpet. What you see in the after is painted with Colorbond carpet paint. I then installed grey snap in carpet from Corinthian Marine. The tower is from Aerial. Due to the pic size limit, I'll send some more in another post.
    photo (40).jpgphoto (49).jpgphoto (51).jpg

I painted all the piping and rub rail with Colorbond black vinyl paint. This stuff is wonderful. After a season and a half it hasn't worn off at all. Here area couple pics of that process.
    photo (41).jpgphoto (42).jpgphoto (43).jpgphoto (44).jpgphoto (46).jpg

Here are some pics of the wrap going on and starting the trailer paint. On the trailer I quickly wet sanded it then used black Rustolem Enamel thinned down with Mineral Spirits and rolled on with a cheap foam roller. Virtually zero "orange peel" and has held up beautifully. Looks like it was powdercoated.... Last pic is the swim platform pad I designed and had SeaDek make for me. Also is a pic of the new steering wheel I put on. Additionally in the interior I replaced the 4 factory speakers with Kicker 6.5" speakers, installed a Bazooka 12" sub, Sony head unit with stern controler and Punch amp. I installed LED cup holders and accent lights throughout.

photo (39).jpgphoto (48).jpgphoto (50).jpgphoto (45).jpg

Dude you are effin talented! You did all of this yourself? Unbelievable! That boat is awesome looking. I'm generally not a fan of wraps but that one is nice and the swim pad is great.

I am seriously in awe that boat is a 99 Santera. Even better it's a Vdrive!
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Very sweet! Labor of love is an understatement, you had a vision with this project. Nice work.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

Very nice work!

unreal,,looks great man.I cant believe the paint hasn't fallen off the piping on your seats.