Threaded View

Default 92 Sunsport - new to me :)

Took the jump and picked up a boat. I've been dreaming of it for a while and started looking a few months ago. This one was advertised and chatted about a while back. It was on craigslist located north of the twin cities in Minnesota. Trailer is not great as was discussed on this board. I actually blew two tires on the way from Lindstom to St. Paul on the night I picked it up. Now I have two proper trailer tires that are rated for the weight of the boat and they handled the 1000 miles back to Toronto without issue.

I added some pictures to my profile. I think it is in decent shape and can't wait to get out on the water and try it out. I do have to rebuild the base for the cooler cover and have to get a few screws for the door to the storage area above it. Other than that I can use it while working on cleaning up the rest of the boat.

I also added the tower but still need to put on the racks, and the mirror. Eventually there will be some Fat Sacs in the picture but not this year.

I was having some issues starting it. I think it was because the batteries were dead. Once I charged both of them and put them back in it started up with no issues. If I only had the one battery hooked up it would only make a click sound. I'm wondering if i need to replace the wiring like some other people on the form have done.

Engine starting and running.

And since it will be the first question I'm sure, I paid $6500 for the boat and trailer. I think it is a decent deal. We don't have a lot of these available in Canada and the ones we have seem to cost a lot more than the US ones. Fortunately, I had to do some work in MSP so I was able to get $767 towards the cost of bringing it back to Toronto.

Looks like 1200 hours on it.

20120722_194428.jpg
    Last edited by jeffkaasmason; 07-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.