Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interior cleaning products

Im just wondering is anyone knows of or has used any cleaning products on their seats that work exceptionaly well. my interior is in greats shape but the dingy stuff that sits down in the grain is making the seats look worn and dirty. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Window cleaner and a tooth brush bit something with fine brissles .
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Rubbing Compound will clean them to look brand new again. I found this out on accident while buffing above the rub rail on my boat earlier this year. Have not had any ill effects on the interior as of yet.

I use Blue Magic vinyl cleaner (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...9_T|GRP2074___). Easy to find off the shelf at most places and seems to work better than other off the shelf products stocked locally. I use a large soft bristled brush to scrub it in and work all the texture of the vinyl. I know there are better products out there but this is what I've found locally that works. Important to scrub, nothing will clean the texture with just wipe on wipe off.

Head to the $1 store and grab a bottle of Totally Awesome Cleaner. It is in a frosted white bottle and has read lettering on it and the cleaner is kind a yellowish color. Spray it generously on the vinyl and then take a scrub brush at it. Get it good and wet with spray. Follow it with a towel and it will be like brand new. Found this product a few years ago and have used it on the dirtiest of boats. Tons of people on Wakeworld use it as well and everyone speaks highly of it. I have used it and Malco Vinyl cleaner (which is highly recomended by boat people) and found the smell and cleaning to be the same. I brought it up on Wakeworld that I thought they were the same. Someone actually chemically tested it and found it to be almost exactly the same as Malco Vinyl cleaner but the cost is about 1/30th..... I am convinced it is the same product but re-marketed for the $1 store. Give it a shot and you will be speaking the praises too.....
    Try to keep it off the Gel Coat or you will have to go clean that, cause it leaves streaks. No damage, just streaks....

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Head to the $1 store and grab a bottle of Totally Awesome Cleaner. It is in a frosted white bottle and has read lettering on it and the cleaner is kind a yellowish color. Spray it generously on the vinyl and then take a scrub brush at it. Get it good and wet with spray. Follow it with a towel and it will be like brand new. Found this product a few years ago and have used it on the dirtiest of boats. Tons of people on Wakeworld use it as well and everyone speaks highly of it. I have used it and Malco Vinyl cleaner (which is highly recomended by boat people) and found the smell and cleaning to be the same. I brought it up on Wakeworld that I thought they were the same. Someone actually chemically tested it and found it to be almost exactly the same as Malco Vinyl cleaner but the cost is about 1/30th..... I am convinced it is the same product but re-marketed for the $1 store. Give it a shot and you will be speaking the praises too.....
    Try to keep it off the Gel Coat or you will have to go clean that, cause it leaves streaks. No damage, just streaks....
    I use this stuff all the time. I buy a case of it at a time and use it for EVERYTHING in the garage.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Saw this thread and had to go to the new dollar store in town to get the Totally Awesome Cleaner... the stuff is amazing! Had a whole summers worth of scum built up at the waterline and it took it off with very little elbow grease. Can't wait to clean the vinyl with it, I have some spots that just don't seem to wanna clean up.
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

Hah! Don't use it on the outside of the boat for the scum line! Get "hull cleaner" at Fleet Farm. And don't buy the environmentally friendly version. It takes off the scum without any scrubbing.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I'm still using Exquisite from ebay. Few minutes of soak time and a soft brush.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

X2 for Exquisite. I used it on my last boat, and my current boat.