Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I was about to wonder, I was thinking that's a long day.

How did you did you get fuel? Were there that many stops along the way, or did you have to carry cans?

We stopped to fill up and eat lunch at the 50 mile mark in Louisiana, MO. Then the same thing on the way back (after filling up in Quincy, IL before heading back down river) except this time we stayed the night in Louisiana, MO for an extra night of festivities.

When I am at Lake Powell (will be there in 3 weeks again) - I generally clock 450-550 miles (but that is in 7 days)
    on the GPS.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Sounds like an awesome trip Chris. Did you stay at places on the water or camp? I've been wanting to do a long trip like that for a while. I normally ride on the Delaware River in NJ, but think it would be fun to do a trip down to the Chesapeake Bay. It's about 80 miles to get to the bay... Then another 180 or so to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, though I doubt I'd want to try for that far in a 23' open bow ski boat. The Bay can be all sorts of interesting so far as weather and conditions, but there's a lot to see and do down there. I'd love to get a larger go-fast to get there in a reasonable amount of time and be able to comfortably sleep on the boat.

Took the Pirata out to try out the new prop. Went to Griggs Res today. Strickly a skiing/wakeboarding body of water. Water was smooth and you get a couple miles of straight away. And no tubes allowed. Lots of inboards.

prop2.jpgprop3.jpgprop4.jpgprop5.jpg
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Exactly how is that sunsport suspended like that? It looks like from the pics its just floating in air!
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

Must be cables, there's no bunks under it. Cables not visible due to dark backdrop. Surely there are some small holes in the cover to attach to lift points. Looks like a cool dock/deck structure though, must be some substantial steel beams under there to hold 4000 lbs 8' or so from the nearest column. Column looks small for wood, but on closer look it appears to be rusty metal. Cool dock!

I know its technically sept, but I took this last weekend when it was still aug to I am putting it in the aug thread....and if the boat looks high out of the water, its because it is beached on the sandbar.
    B5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Must be cables, there's no bunks under it. Cables not visible due to dark backdrop. Surely there are some small holes in the cover to attach to lift points. Looks like a cool dock/deck structure though, must be some substantial steel beams under there to hold 4000 lbs 8' or so from the nearest column. Column looks small for wood, but on closer look it appears to be rusty metal. Cool dock!
    Yes I didn't look that close as we went by. But it was cool just hanging there. I will look closer next time we go to griggs.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

GF on a big wave last night....

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.