Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Lovin' that new bimini, Haugy & the new LED's are looking sharp as well. Maybe it's just the captain dressing things up a bit

Can't help but notice, your Salt sits a good 2-3" higher in the water than mine (the bottom of my black touches the water at rest). Guess I must have overbuilt the stringers/floor or the new interior added a lot more weight than I thought??? No wonder I haven't been able to get a decent slalom wake
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Hey Beaumont, you got any pictures of your surf wake with that set-up? Been trying to set up my Salt, but think I may need more bow weight and more lean/list after seeing your pics. Good looking boat, btw.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    No wonder I haven't been able to get a decent slalom wake
    Could always come hang out with some of us northern boaters running around in comps...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Hey Beaumont, you got any pictures of your surf wake with that set-up? Been trying to set up my Salt, but think I may need more bow weight and more lean/list after seeing your pics. Good looking boat, btw.
    I didn't get any pics that day since my friends camera was almost dead. If we go surfing tomorrow after work I'll take some pics and post them. The 913 prop makes a big difference as well.
    Last edited by bmtsupra; 08-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Busted!! If you had been out with me the other night, you would have received a ticket. The DNR was checking on my lake last weekend.

I think I fail on that last dot.
    They have to catch me first!!!!!!

Helps to also know that you have a 60 day grace period if you have to order your numbers. Which I have had to do..........as far as they know. TWR up here got their butts in hot water after all the go fast boats were getting tickets every year for not having their stickers on. Well as soon as these guys bought them, they ordered custom stickers to match their wild paint jobs. After enough guys with deep pockets made life tough for the TWR based on that, they began allowing a grace period for registration stickers. But ZERO grace period for the registration authentication sticker (year and odd colored sticker). As long as you have that at least, they'll normally just warn you around here.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for registration numbers. I don't want to do block, and I'm trying to figure out what font they used for "Saltare" to match them up.

I knew somebody would call me on those. Thanks Dad. Ha ha ha ha ha

Lovin' that new bimini, Haugy & the new LED's are looking sharp as well. Maybe it's just the captain dressing things up a bit

Can't help but notice, your Salt sits a good 2-3" higher in the water than mine (the bottom of my black touches the water at rest). Guess I must have overbuilt the stringers/floor or the new interior added a lot more weight than I thought??? No wonder I haven't been able to get a decent slalom wake
    Thanks man, I'm loving that bimini. I tried to get some pictures with the red LEDs on, but the wife was distracted.

Yeah, my Saltare had a full tank of fuel in those pictures as well. But, I will say, that if one person around 160-180lbs gets back there, the platform is almost in the water. So it doesn't take much weight to make it go down back there. In the bow I have 3 anchors each at around 20-25 hook style with 3' of chain before 150' of rope, each. Plus 4 fenders, and a battery in a battery box. So my bow has a lot of weight up in it that might be causing that.

Took my baby on a 200 mile boat trip over a long weekend with a crew from St. Louis. We left from Lake Center Marina in St. Charles, MO and cruised up the Mississippi all the way to Quincy, IL where we partook in the annual Hogback Island Party. The boat cruise up the river consisted of about 20 boats.

Here's a pic from breakfast the first morning at Cedar Hill, IL. The whole weekend is Hog themed so here I am tying my boat off with the trip mascot.

Pic of part of our crew in my boat:

Rafted up with only about half of our fleet waiting for a lock to open up

Us leaving a lock with about half of the boats behind me

200 miles! That's longer than I've ever done..... Awesome!

Last night was very decent. Caught this one after we were done surfing for the night....

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Took my baby on a 200 mile boat trip over a long weekend with a crew from St. Louis.
    Wow, that's a helluva run!! 200 Miles!?!?!?!? Was that a down 100, back 100? You had to have been running flat out to make that kind of run in a day. How did you get fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    A lot more fun to give it than be got isn't it? Don't mention it son.
    Awww geez dad, gimme a break. *kicks rocks*

100 there on Friday, 100 back on Sunday, 4 lock and dams each way. Didn't have to run too hard to make it in time, we left around 7:30 am and arrived almost exactly 12 hours later.