Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our new toy

Default Our new toy

So we, myself and Newbie Girl on here, went ahead and stepped up to a new boat. We had been looking and sea trialing different ones and had the lust at first sight over this one. So it's now ours, well, ours and the bank's for now.

We looked at all the popular boats in this range thinking mostly about surfing. It made the decision a bit more of a gamble as the info as far as surfing the Supra brand is not well disseminated.

We liked the Centurion Enzo, it was a very pretty boat that is obviously well known for it's surf wave. But we had a few people at a surf competition talk poorly about service issues etc and it put us in a bad position. I presumed it would be perfectly fine but if we went with it and then had problems, well, we would have been warned.

I like the Tige' quite a lot and if there had been a dealer closer or one who was more accommodating as far as sea trialing it, we might have ended up with that. But it would have had to been really nice to compete with this one.

We talked to Supreme and MB, Supreme has no-one even remotely close and the best option there was to fly to CA and tour the factory, then if we bought a boat they were going to compensate us for that. We would have probably bought the boat out of Utah and had it shipped,,,, just didn't get us too excited. The MB was alright but the boat aesthetically just didn't really work for us.

SO we went to Atlanta Marine and trialed their one remaining one of these:

We both took a breath when we rounded the corner and saw it there. It was last Sunday and the sales guy had met us to go on a sea trial. We were sold. They were fair on the price and fair with what they gave us for our current boat:

We were sad to see her go as we really liked our 86 Sunsport, but we are confident someone will find her and enjoy their time with her as well.

So we have been out this weekend surfing, wakeboarding, and just riding. I will get more pics and videos of the, quite excellent, surf wake. So if anyone is considering a 242, let me assure you, it surfs wonderfully. I have lots of videos already with different ballast setups but they need editing and so forth. I will do the surf specific stuff in the surfing forum here. Sorry for the couple of bad cell phone pics, I will improve the quality as we go along.

Attached Images Attached Images

Not a bad upgrade or choice. I want to know what goes through your head the first time you cut into that new massive wake
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

Congrats. Great boat ,Great Dealer I have seen that boat before its a looker. Atlanta Marine is about a mile from my house. We are on Lanier all the time . Give me a shout next time you come and we will get together for some surfing.

I'm drooling. Congrats and I can't wait to see that surf wave!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Wow nice work! Congrats

It is a beauty! Congrats
    2006 Launch 21 V

The old gal's red just didn't match the truck like the new one.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Absolutely fantastic! 242 is my next I hope!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Wow that is a big step up. Looks like that should be reliable and fun.

Default 242

That is great to hear. Thank you for staying in the family! Atlanta marine is an outstanding dealer and will take great care of you.

My family absolutely loves the surf wake on the 242!

Enjoy,

Rick