Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

This is great information. We have the 242 2011 Supra looks just like yours except different tower, and have been surfing for a few years but never had a wave that gave us good push. Glad to hear all it will take is more weight. We have the upgraded pro bags that came with our boat 800 lb bags but those still did not create a wave with much pull. Even with extra people on boat we could not get wave to pull well. Bought a Delta last year and tried it made wave much larger but still not much pull. Our front ballast is small and fills the hull did you guys add any more weight to the front? Several people said the front needs to be weighted down too make wave longer and pull better? Now that are kids are older they would really like to ride without the rope. I just assumed my boat was not set up to have a wave with a lot of pull but glad to read your tips.

I just sent a comment to your old post on surfing behind your 242. We have the same boat and I am trying to get the surf wave to have more pull. Can you tell me how much weight you settled with in the back and front and how you set it up? Your old post sounded like you added 1500 lbs extra to the 600 standard bags? Trying to figure our how you fit all the ballast bags inside storage areas? I was looking at getting custom bags for the back which claim they can hold 1280lbs each but sounds like it will take more than that to make the wave have good pull. We have filled our 800lb bag on goofy foot side and had several people sitting in back corner adding another 400+ lbs and still the wave has very little pull and is not very long. Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated. I bought the delta fin last year and that does make the wave much larger but still not much pull to it kids can't drop rope.
    Thanks
    Jeff