Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So I suppose you are very familiar with shallow lakes then!!! I lived in Central Florida as a teen and went fishing on the Lake Dora chain, but only in a rented john boat. Never got to experience them in any kind of watersports way.

I'd call that pretty authoritative feedback on the 5 blade. I will seriously consider that. Since you are Indmar proficient, it seems like the engines turn more rpm than they need to. My instinct tells me they would like a prop with more pitch, I assume you have explored that so please tell me why I am wrong. I would think with the max engine speed being relatively low like they are, that for a lot of the time they operate above the torque peak. I haven't seen a torque curve for the 345 that is in our boat, maybe if I did I would answer this question myself.

Any thoughts on that would be interesting.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoney View Post
    Great looking boat..where do you guys live? We are in Cincinnati and boat at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky about an hour south
    of Lexington.

My daughter surfed easily with 98% port side full....nothing in the front was best. Seems the calmer the water the better too. I can
    go for a while but not as long as her...she only weighs 90 lbs and I'm 175

How long is your board? We have a Hyperlite Broadcast 48. Thinking the bigger size 54 might be better for adults 150 lbs and up
    I have the broadcast 4'8" and I'm 6'2" 210. I surf that thing behind our LSV all day long no problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '11 Ronix District 143
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: Liquid Force Faction 44
    Surf: Broadcast & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Thanks for the board input...I think I just need to get a better wake formed and work on my technique

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoney View Post
    Thanks for the board input...I think I just need to get a better wake formed and work on my technique
    That's it right there. Technique is probably the most important. If you have the right technique you should be able to surf almost anything. Better wake just makes it easier and more fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '11 Ronix District 143
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: Liquid Force Faction 44
    Surf: Broadcast & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Thanks man...we'll keep at it.....kids always learn faster than Dad, but man I love being on the water....a little cool snap in Cincinnati
    This weekend so gonna be golfing instead of boating at Lake Cumberland..a..we'll be back at it next weekend if the weather cooperates

Quote Originally Posted by jdub667 View Post
    Very nice boat!!! Let me know what you figure out on the ballast settings and speed per I am trying to find the best setup as well. I run 10.5mph it seems to be the sweet spot but still playing with it as well. So what upgrades you planning on if any?
    I do love the new prop I put on mine even with full ballast it will pull and plane out no problem so it was a good upgrade, however Iam about 6000ft above sea level.
    SO we've been out today, all the weight on the right side, which is, stock 400 and a couple bags as full as they will get in the rear compartment. This makes the rear compartment pretty much full. We also have a bag under each seat on the right side. No idea what that makes the weight but it's quite a lot. No, front weight at all, no weight on the left. This gives us a really good wake. Funny, I tried all kinds of variations today and I can't screw the wake up. I can make it smaller, but it still stays surfable. This has been a blast.

The custom bag from FlyHigh is a couple weeks out I suppose. It will fill the entire side of the boat like we have it now. It will probably end up being a bit more weight. I will remove the divider under the seat so the bag goes all the way to the cooler area. Then I have a smallish bag I am plumbing into that bag and it will be under the cooler behind the driver. Something like 1700 pounds in the side then. If the tests today are any indication, that should be PLENTY!!!

We have a couple more days up here as we are playing hookie Monday. So I will unveil any more discoveries!

Good news, the bag shipped yesterday so we should have it by the weekend,

And here is a video, short and it highlights my meager skills, but it does show the wake pretty well. The setup is what I posted above.

SO I ordered a custom bag from Fly High for the right side. It will replace the stock 400 pound one and then continue up under the seats to behind the driver's area. It ends where the divide is for the cooler. Under that area I will be stuffing one of the old sacks to gain some more weight and plumbing it into the new bag so it all fills using the stock setup.

One problem, there is a divider under the seat area, which makes putting a bag all the way forward rather,,,,, inconvenient.

Right side 242 underseat before.jpg

So, that's no big deal I have screwdrivers!!!

Right Side 242 step one.jpg

Now THAT'S a storage area, nearly ten feet back to the transom from there,,,, niiiiiiice. But I'm thinking the guys who penned this boat probably felt some kind of support was necessary, so what to do? Fortunately I have bigger tools than just the screwdrivers.

Right side support 242.jpg

SO I made one of these here things. A little mill time, some welding and some softening of edges and such and I have a handy divider replacement.

Right side support installed 242.jpg

And looking down the tunnel so to speak looks like this.

Storage area post work 242.jpg

I could have profile milled that to save some weight and maybe pretty it up a bit, but the idea was to add weight anyway, and aluminum is heavier than water so, I went this way. It's a nice cavern for our new bag which arrived today. Tomorrow is plumbing that in!!!!!

Sweet modification...we'll be heading out Friday for the long weekend and can't wait to get back on the water...it's been 4 weeks....a
    little thing called school slowed us down.

Thanks, it worked out well. Just a couple things to address:

The water pops the seat bottoms up when you decel. No big surprise there. I've been thinking of a few solutions and will let you all know. It doesn't really hurt anything but it bothers the german shepherd when she's lying there. I'll probably control the slosh and maybe put in a lid under the seats to keep the bag down.

It holds too much water,,,,, what did you say? Yeah, it actually is more weight than we need. Sure we could pile weight in the front to make the wave longer and still be crazy tall but it really isn't necessary. We will just run it not full, not that we have had it full yet, but we've had more than we need. Kind of a neat problem to have. The wave just gets real tall and harsh to ride. If we ever want a huge wave we can fill it, and the front ballast and pile weight/folks up there and see, but I don't think that will be the norm. It surfs wonderfully with that bag 3/4? full and no weight up front. We continue to play so it's not completely dialed in just yet but I imagine we will end up with a little front weight but not much. The people at wakemakers say you have to run 50/50 in the Supra to get it to work right, that's not been our experience.

So I will remove the extra bag under the cooler area and just run bagzilla in the side and we will press on. I have some vids so when I get one edited down I will post a link.

Four weeks? Ouch!!!! I hate when life gets in the way of fun. We'll skip the crazy weekend on the lake with all the amateurs for labor day and hit it next weekend most likely. Just love those quiet days when the hoards have gone home! We've put 30 hours on it so far and are having a blast!
    Last edited by Kma4444; 08-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.