Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My boat came with a swimladder already attached to the teak wim platform and it has worked great for my family and friends to use while in and out of the water. It is mounted using two U shaped plates with four through bolts on each leg of the ladder. It is a telescoping three rung ladder.

"Where There's a Will, there's a way!"

Check out my 1987 rebuild thread here
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...-Resto-begins.

Some really good ideas on here. I will need to look harder into doing this project on my Mariah. I too am concerned about the stresses on the platform...seems that the further the mounts are from the hull, the more of a 'lever' against the platform mounts.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Hey, sorry for the delay in responding. Actually, I didn't bother taking photos of the process involved in adding the mounts to the platform. I will gather some pics and info and get back with a post later.

OK. Grabbed some photos and made a quick sketch for you guys.

This 2011 platform has a core about 1/2" thick. So, we removed some of the core and underside glass, beveled the edges, bonded in the alum plates, glass over them. Still haven't black gelcoated the mod area but that is good for you guys to be able to see what was done.

I purchased the ladder directly from Marine Hardware part number LADR30004. It is a 3 step unit with a latching device operated by the red push button on the end. Easy to use and stays latched very well.

As for stress, I think the load put on the platform by riders hopping up and down on the edge of the deck is more load than someone walking up the ladder that is directly below that edge and a vertical pull down. The ladder pulls out and then folds down against the ladder bracket which holds it vertical. The load put on the platform is vertical down and about even with the edge of the platform so it really is no different than standing on top of the seadek. It cannot swing under by the design of the ladder support frame. So if you allow the large relatives to stand on the platform, it will work. I am 200lb. I have a friend who is also 200. We both stood on it and hopped up and down with the boat on the trailer. Passed.

For a teak deck, not sure what you need to do. I didn't have one so I didn't need to solve that issue.

IMG_1976.JPGIMG_1978.JPGIMG_1979.JPGIMG_1981.jpg

OMG, that is such an awesome upgrade and looks very professional.

I've been looking around fo something like this too and just wish I had the know how to pull it off on my 2001 242 Launch.

It's the one thing I think Supra could add to make these boats stand out even further....I bet they take your modification and add it
    to future models....if they don't, they are nuts and not paying attention to this fourth.

My wife's parents are pushing 70 and still in great shape but a ladder would make it soooo much nicer getting in and out not to
    mention for the tired riders at end of a long weekend.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Great job on that install, it looks factory. Definitely an upgrade I may do this winter. Thanks for sharing the pics.

That's impressive man, really nice work.

Isn't your boat for sale now too?
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Quote Originally Posted by cigars n scotch View Post
    Isn't your boat for sale now too?
    Yes it is. Awesome boat. As you may have read elsewhere, I got a chance to drive the new SA550 and I am thinking to get one. So, to do that, the 242 needs a new home. I have my 2010 Saetta Classic wooden boat for sale as well since it is not getting used much since getting the 242.

Dayyuum you have some scratch if you're looking at getting a SA550. Just curious why you did this mod if you're selling? Was it before you saw the SA550?

If you get it you HAVE to post like 50 pictures!
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale