Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
    Yes it is. Awesome boat. As you may have read elsewhere, I got a chance to drive the new SA550 and I am thinking to get one. So, to do that, the 242 needs a new home. I have my 2010 Saetta Classic wooden boat for sale as well since it is not getting used much since getting the 242.
    Well you have reached full blown baller status if you have one of these as well. Nice.

Haha! As you can see, I am selling 2 boats and will buy only 1 to replace them. Still not absolutely set on the SA550 but it is one I am looking at. I first drove the prototype test "SA" back in January when it was in my area for secret tests but I had no idea what it looked like. It was the hull of the new boat but had a deck, tower, and other parts from other SC boats to hide the true look. It has no interior and plywood to sit on. But, it drove and handled fantastic with a wake that was beyond anything else. I was impressed with the supercharged engine too. So, when the SA550 was released, I got to see it in photos then stopped by SC while on a road trip and saw the SA450 in person. I have never been a pickle fork fan so I was not sure how I would like it. I then had a chance to drive and observe a couple of sets on the SA550, gunmetal one and that gave me even more insight into the boat. Honestly, I am not sure if I can convince the wife and family into a smaller boat after having the space of the 242. But, we will see.

As for the Mod, I did it about a year ago along with most of the other things I have done to the 242 since Jan 2011 when I get it. I will put a ladder on the next boat too. Really nice for those who need it and even riders who are pretty whipped after a set.

I will certainly post pics of my new Supra when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigars n scotch View Post
    Dayyuum you have some scratch if you're looking at getting a SA550. Just curious why you did this mod if you're selling? Was it before you saw the SA550?

If you get it you HAVE to post like 50 pictures!

Haugy,

I have the only one of these. A friend and myself developed the Saetta Classic as a kit as a side business to our custom aircraft building and vintage plane restoration. I built it with help from family and friends in 2010. Fully CNC wood, modern running surface, 50mph on the same Indmar 340 cat engine like in my supra. The Saetta was my first ever boat. The 242 my second. The saetta is 20ft long and 6 place with all the classic lines of a vintage boat with the modern conveniences of push button start, electronic throttle and shift, stereo, cruise, wake boat style underwater gear, leather interior, etc. The economy has made selling kits for this floating art a bit tough and complete custom built boats from the kits even tougher. Times will improve and then there will be a bunch of these on the lakes of the world.

Oh yeah, this one doesn't have the ladder on it like my 242 since it doesn't have a platform.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Well you have reached full blown baller status if you have one of these as well. Nice.