Hey guys, been reading this forum for a while and finally bought a boat. Its a 1986 Supra Sunsport that is in ok condition. It has a "Launch" graphic on the
side and doesn't look anything like any other Supra Sunsport I have seen or read about. Was there truely a Sunsport Launch model in 1986? The tower looks factory installed being it appears the support plates would have been riveted to the gunnels before the 2 halves were assembled....but how big was wakeboarding in 1986? Did they even have towers at that point? This boat also does not have a ski tower in it, or even a crossmember in the stringers to support a ski pole so it doesn't look like there was ever one there. I know the stringers are a little rotten and that will be addressed this winter. I run a metal fabrication shop and we are usually slow in the winter so Ill pull it apart with our lift and do them then..I was even debating making an aluminum struction to replace them with but I know wood contributes to ride quality in these older boats. Anyway...I would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on what this thing is as far as being a factory wakeboard boat or something someone just painted, stickered, and put a tower on. Thanks guys.

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpgb4.jpg

Gary Rude
www.patiencemetalfab.com
[email protected]