Default 1986 Sunsport "launch"

Had this posted in general with a few question that got answered very quickly as to what it really is (thanks to the guys that helped me with that), so now ill post it in the correct spot. Anyway, this is my 1986 Sunsport that someone went and painted (thats right, didn't gelcoat) and vinyled up to seem a little newer. It is in need of a restoration, but I am not getting into that until this winter, just want to play with it for a the rest of the season. Feel free to chime in with opinions on what direction I should go with it...I do like the red and white though so we will see. Let me know what you guys think, but please go easy, it is my first boat....now i understand "bust out another thou"

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpgb4.jpg

Gary Rude
    Co-owner Patience Metal Fab
    www.patiencemetalfab.com
    Last edited by gdubsmsp; 08-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Looks like a real looker. Have fun with it...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Looks like a winner to me! Trailer looks nice, boat has definitly seen some attention. Nice to not have to replace EVERYTHING when you get it! Is that the original platform? Looks bigger maybe. Tower could use an upgrade but that is spendy considering it works fine hehe! Lets see the interior! Good luck hope you have fun with her.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Dude that a good looking boat

89 sunsport

Thanks guys...no interior pics cause its a bit faded out, but ill get some up when its out on the lake this weekend. I have to do stringers this winter but I bought it knowing that so we worked the price to where I was happy with it. As far as the tower...I run a small fab shop building roll cages and was thinking of just modifying this one. Maybe cut the bottom half off and build a lower half that better follow the windshield to make it a bit more modern looking, then mount the top half back on those rails so it folds down..well see..stringers are priority. As for the platform, it is a trex platform that is definitely bigger than stock..

What lake do you ride on mostly WakeMikeys? I noticed you are from Minneapolis also...always nice to see local guys on the interweb...