Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1995 Supra La Brisa

So pending the sale of my Fish/ski combo, im probably going to pick up a 1995 Supra La Brisa 21ft. It is excelleng condition, clearly well cared for, they are selling because they bought a new supra. This one has the GT-40, 538 hours, and a good well maintained trailer (people usually neglect trailers).
    My Uncle owned an '89 comp, it was fun, but small closed bow. I am wondering what this will be like. Our primary purpose will be general boating/wakeboarding/tubing/skiing (in that order). Nothing serious, just having fun. How is the freeboard on this compared to the older comps? I can see us regularly filling up with 5-8 people a cooler, and some gear. Just dont want to swamp the boat if I slow down too fast... Is it a good all around boat, or more a ski boat? Not too concerned with the wake, any ski boat at 18 mph full of people is plenty fun for us. No flips here! Would this be a good decision for us do you think? Or will i find there to be a lack of storage and too small to run around fully loaded?

Appreciate all your input.

I am getting a killer deal on it because they need to move it.....as in 9500.

have never owned one but have driven one for several days. Freeboard is more substantial than a comp and the wake for slalom skiing was outstanding! Although this model never "took off" I always liked it for its practibility and ski wake.
    Enjoy the boat!

good to know. thats my biggest concern is the freeboard being too low. I want a good all around boat, and right now, with the prices of v-drives, a V-Drive just isnt going to fly with the wife haha

I believe the reason it never "took off" is that it just wasn't as flashy a boat as most Supras but indeed looked more like a family boat.
    If that is a concern a few well designed graphics can take care of that issue to some extent. THe GT-40 is an awesome motor!
    enjoy!

Sounds cool, I have never seen a LaBrisa...pictures? Please!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Sorry, couldn't resist...

It's basically a bull-nosed Mariah. Supra tried a different look with this boat, and it failed. And I'm not stating that as opinion, but the sales of the LaBrisa were terrible. They kept making them for about 5 years though.

Good boat, good ski wake, moderate wakeboard wake.

IMG_1511.jpgIMG_1503.jpgIMG_1501.jpgIMG_1497.jpgheres a few pics of the labrisa I sold back in Feb.

looks like i will be heading to water test and hopefully bring home either this weekend or next!