Default i will never go to an oreilly auto again

HAd what we thought was a carb problem last weekend. bought a new one from O'reilleys and I asked If I could bring it back if this was not the problem. HE told me yes no problem.. installed new carb still wont fire. Discover Monday it was a dif issue. never fired the obat with the new carb , I put the old one back on. tuesday took the carb back they told me i needed to wait till the check cleared. I also asked since it was installed and i used the gasket on the old carb did i need to replace it...he said no bring it back it will be fine.

I show up at 10 today and they said they dont have enough cash to refund it yet. can i come back at 2.. i do and they tell me that since i ran gas through it and instaled it they cant take it back..how do i know if it works if i cant run gas through it?

Lied to twicwe.. once to say i could bring it back and the second time because they didnt have enough money to refund me ....

grrr

O'reilly ,Auto Zone and Advanced are only good for wax ,air fresheners and oil. When I get a job where the owner has replaced parts using them that is the first place I look for the problem.

I'm not getting this. you're saying that the clerk told you that it would be ok to take a brand new part, install it on your vehicle and then bring it back later and get a full refund if you didn't want it?

Why in the world would any business allow this? The part is now used and has a huge markdown, they lose a bunch of money.

I would never in my life expect a store to do that. it's my job to procure the part I need, not theirs to let me test fit whatever I want and return it.

So if you return it, does the next guy in line get that used part sold as new?

I'm baffled by this whole post.
    2009 21V

he told me if It didnt solve my problem they would take it back..then this morn said we dont have enough money in the register come back at 2..i did then they said they wouldnt take it back..If he had told me if you install it we can ttake it back thats fine.. but he said if this doesnt solve the problem bring it back.. how am i suppose to know if it solves the problem unless you try it.

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company.....they take it back after they don't get paid...guaranteed.

I agree with you, if they told you up front it was ok to install, then they gotta live up to that promise....if not, it's buyer beware.

He paid cash, hence why they said come back at 2:00... So they could get money at the bank or wait for more sales so they had enough in the drawer.

Regardless, nobody takes back used parts. Very rare as you can't sell it as new if it has been installed/used... Particularly something like a carb. The store is at fault here, they should have told him if he installed it they would not take it back. They lied and the OP took their word, then got burned throwing parts at a problem when he was told he could return them.

. well if anyone needs a carb..lemme know i got one..lol its not the 300$ its the privnciple of the thing.

Sounds like you got some newb sales clerk making promises who then got his rear chewed out by a manager who actually understands the business.

As they are a chain, I would write a letter of complaint explaining exactly what you were told to the store manager and cc a copy to a regional office. Maybe they'll take pity on you, but again common sense would tell you you can't run fuel through a carb and then take it back to be sold as new.

Sorry you're out $300. That sucks.
    2009 21V

Take it back to a different Oriely's and tell them its flooding out.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001