Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is the best lake in Texas?

I'm just wondering what it the most popular lake in Texas beside lake Travis

89 sunsport

I dont know which is the most popular... but Sommerville, Canyon, Conroe, all come to mind.

Lake Waco is great.

Possum Kingdom is beautuful...

What are you looking for?

Party? Beautiy? stuff for kids? quiet? bars and restaurants?

houses or camping? fishing?

I'm just seeing what other people like I'm mostly on Conroe or sommerville

I'm with you boy, mostly on Conroe or Somerville because of location. Our favorite by far is LBJ as it is constant level and when your up in the river portion water is perfect.
    2008 22SSV Worlds Edition
    Drink Faster!! Saves money on Ice!!

Tell me more about LBJ!!!

Nice to see people on somerville. Im always and only there. This is still my first boat so i love the comfort of knowing the lake very well which is nice. Been to lake conroe and dont even want to take my boat there because its so rough. Now if i had a huge cigar boat, hell yeah. My cousin and them are at canyon lake and thats probably the next place ill go. I did just put the flush kit on the boat so i might hit some rivers up down here by the coast. Somerville is nice because i drive to party cove, hang out till most people leave, then shread the slick water. Also the water is glass most mornings. I would also like to here more about lbj.

I will be at somerville for the next 2 weekends, so say whats up if you see me.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

Canyon Lake is the tits!

Yeah sommerville is close and easy Conroe was the first lake I took my boat on and it just gets too rough but when I go there I'm inbettween walden and bent water or the north end and at sommerville I like the iland out there so if you see and green and black 89 sunspot come over and say hi if you want

Yeah, Conroe has been to choppy for all of my previous boats (88 Mastercraft 19', 96 Crownline 17'). So I never liked it. The nightlife on the South side of the lake is cool.

I basically grew up on Sommervile. Thats where I got my passion for boating.

Ill say hi if I notice a fellow Supra.

Want to go to Canyon Lake next. Heard a lot about it, never been.