Thread: carb kit

Default carb kit

Does anyone know what the part no. for carb rebuild kit is? I know its a holley carb ('8, but I have no idea which model. The parts stores only know yr/make/model for their computers. No boats in there.
    -ah

Default Replying to Topic 'carb kit'

Most Holley's have a part# on the front of the air horn. Maybe this will help find a kit at the auto parts. GOOD LUCK !!!!

That should be a sinle line feed carb. model 4160. There are o.e.m. replacement parts and rebuild kits available through Discount Inboard Marine (803)345-0996, or www.skidim.com. Ask for Vince. Brian Raymond

Thanks. I got my "generic holley" rebuild kit here locally. It seemed to have all the parts except for the diaphram for the vacuum secondaries. I'll have to go back tomorrow to see if they have that seperately. Knowing that its a 4160 will definitely help.

BTW, why do these marine distributors have no vacuum advance???

Vacuum advance in a car only has an effect in low load(high vacuum)/cruising situations(highway), in a boat you are typically in a "high load" situation at all times. So the RPM mechanical advance alone is suitable for boats, and racecars for that mattter. Vacuum advance helps you pick up a couple of extra miles per gallon on the highway in your car.

got it!