Default Vinyl replacement???

I bought a used 1998 Supra Comp in June. It has been a great boat so far. When I bought it the rear seats were already developing some cracks, and they\'ve gotten far worse since then. I know the boat was well taken care of by the previous owner, he is just as anal as me. The exterior is like new. I don\'t think these seats should be in such bad condition in a boat that not all the old. It only has 300 hours on it (220 when I bought it) and it\'s stored indoors when it\'s not being used on the lake. The front seat is now getting some cracks on it also near the seams, I know it will just be a matter of time before it\'s all falling apart. I\'ve heard that Supra had vinyl problems with boats around this year because they used a fuzzy-backed vinyl. Is this true? Does anyone have any idea of the cost of getting it all re-upholstered? Supra- if you\'re monitoring this, what is the cost of getting new vinyl from the factory? Any help anyone could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Replying to Topic 'Vinyl replacement???'

Most makers offer replacement skins for their seats, be worth calling the factory to see what they want for them. You'd still have to find a shop to install them or do it yourself if you know how. Generally if you can find a local shop that specializes in boat seats you can get it done a bit cheaper. Get recommendations for a reputable local shop and price both.

I had to redo a couple skins in my 2000 Legacy this past spring (same vinyl as your '98 I think), the observers seat and the trunk cover. Had it done at a local shop; the vinyl they used was a much better grade and was an excellent match. They did an excellent job, looks just like factory. Cost me $300 for those two. Now I need to redo the seat bottom in the drivers seat, I think that was just the vinyl used in that era Comp/Legacy, don't know about the fuzzy-backed thing. They've changed vinyl since then, the current material may be better stuff?