Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Great photos and looks like a good time was had. And whoever owns that blue moomba.... DANG! That thing is CLEAN!

And to whoever owns the wrapped 242. DANG! That thing is SWEET!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

The Cut 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Beautiful shots! Nice to have a professional photographer at the event as well. That all red Supra is gorgeous, but needs a chrome tower instead of that black monster thing.

1. Please show more girls next time instead of balding old men with their tongues stuck out.
    2. In the second to last photo...they all look like college kids raising the question, How does everyone have (afford) such nice "new" boats?
    3. Were any older boats invited? I don't see any "Classic" Supras. One of the boats in attendance should have a rainbow stripe. IMO
    4. Please show more girls next time. Thank you.

The question shouldn't be how we all afford newer boats, it should be why did we all take them through this 2' deep cut

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    The Cut 2.jpg

The question shouldn't be how we all afford newer boats, it should be why did we all take them through this 2' deep cut
    you didnt have to. hwy 19 launch ramp was like a 2 mile drive.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    you didnt have to. hwy 19 launch ramp was like a 2 mile drive.
    That would have made sense, launch somewhere where you can't get to the event if you don't want to go through the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    That would have made sense, launch somewhere where you can't get to the event if you don't want to go through the cut.
    Its what they had to do last oct for the Tige reunion and the GCWA fall bash since the water was so low the cut was completely dry. Everyone trailered from Bethy to the Hwy 19 Launch, rode the river all day, then trailered back to bethy for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post

As a follow up to my previous comment if I may. It was based an astute observation. We also went to a Supra reunion this summer and met some great families. Everyone was around my age (early to mid 40's) but driving restored or all original classics. We did have one newer composite boat attend. Along with my wife, when we saw these pics...we joked how young everyone looked and all to be driving new or late model Supras. God bless my wife, but she can't recognize a Supra unless it has a stripe on the side. On the other hand, she does know what the new boats cost and when you get to be our age...young people all look college aged.
    I never should have repeated the comment or posted what I said previously as most was taken out of context. As I re-read the post I can understand why. No biggie as I said before. My wife and I would love to own a new boat (maybe not Supra) and could easily afford the purchase but we decided in the last 12 months to put our money in a 3 car garage, new Yukon Denali and a trip to Alaska seeing a greater ROI for us than a new boat (coulda bought two new 242's). I wasn't trying disparage someone's education or financial situation in that comment. I could have just edited the post and deleted all comments but I would rather have a mature conversation and explain what I said from my point of view.
    That was big of you to apologize, but I think it's a valid question. A very logical answer was given, but it's not typical that people shortly out of school purchase a $60k boat. It's certainly great that it's a high enough priority that money is spent on this great sport, but it's just not typical. I say "way to go." Get it in the stable before kids. Financial priorities start to shift after that...

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I actually really enjoyed driving through the cut, it felt like driving through the jungle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I actually really enjoyed driving through the cut, it felt like driving through the jungle or something.
    I would agree with you on that one, I just wish it was a few feet deeper. I was kind of surprised that we never met another boat coming from the other direction the whole weekend. We probably cruised through there about 12 times or so.

The canal was defined, felt fine there (after first run). It was the trip from bethy to canal that worried me.
    Brad
    2011 Supra 21V
    Big Bay Lake, Mississippi / Baton Rouge, LA

Quote Originally Posted by webbbrad View Post
    The canal was defined, felt fine there (after first run). It was the trip from bethy to canal that worried me.
    Haha! I laughed when Cody told me about that. 4x4 Supra! The cut is deeper when the lake is at full pool, we were about 6-8 inches low. Granted it is not a whole lot deeper when full but every little bit counts. The bottom in the cut is pretty soft too and you just have to make sure you are not the first one to go through it!

Crazy yall never ran into any traffic going the opposite direction, we did at least 3 or 4 times. Thats when the cut gets REALLY fun.