Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Centurion to Supra Conversion

Gentlemen,

I have been converted. I have had 2 Centurion Avalanches in the previous few years, but I just bought a 2012 Launch 242 Worlds.

At the Atlanta Boat Show this year, I met Rick Tinker, and we talked for about 45 minutes. After talking he gave me his card, and I realized I was talking to the President of the company. That experience really made we want to join the Supra family.

I have always been a fan of Supra, but I have never been able to find the boat I like & can afford until this week.

Well, I guess I still own a 2009 Centurion Avalanche, as I just stumbled upon this 2012 with only 50 hours on it via Craigslist and bought it immediately without selling my current boat first. It was such a sweet deal that I couldn't pass on it.

You guys have a great forum here. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

I am taking it out tonight for the first time, so I might get some water shots then. I am really excited about the new boat

IMG_1943.jpg.

Beautiful! Congrats!!

And let us know how it surfs compared to your centurion.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Beautiful Boat, hope your Maiden Voyage is a good one!

I was able to sneak out to the lake last night with a buddy and my 3 year old son.

All I can say is WOW. This boat is incredible. I was so impressed as soon as I fired it up to back it off the trailer. The finish of the boat is superb, and the smoothness is like nothing else I have been out in including my neighbors 2011 X-45.

I definitely need to spend some time getting to know the VISION system, but that shouldn't take me too long.

Here are a list of my favorite features:
    -Speaker pointed right at the driver so you don't have to blare the music to hear when at speed.
    -Cooler built in behind the drivers seat.
    -Trailer has a SUPRA logo that is cut out in the front side of the fender and illuminated with a white LED so you see it in your mirror at night
    -the stain resistant vinyl...it was quickly put to the test when my 3 year old spit out his half chewed M&M's on the seat. They say Permanent marker won't stick to it, but I hope I don't ever have to find that out.
    -The hole shot is impressive.
    -The boat rides very flat (Level) across the water where my Centurion seemed to ride at about a 30 degree angle. However, this is probably what caused the Centurion to have a HUGE push when surfing. However, it also required me to sit on the flip-up bolster to see over the bow when going and I am 6' 4".
    -Wake Plate really made a difference in the steepness of the wake boarding wave. My previous experiences with the trim tabs usually just cause more wash on the lip of the wake, but this was not the case.

Shortcomings...and I know this is being knit-picky:
    -Using just the factory ballast (left & Center sacs full) the wake surf wake was weak at 10.8. I only spent about 20 minutes surfing, so I will probably figure out the best way to weight it soon.
    -No divider from the rear locker to the storage compartment in the corners. I guess this let's you upgrade your sacs, but it makes that space harder to utilize as your stuff has tons of room to bounce around.
    -No walk-across Sundeck on the 242. It is on the 222, but not the flagship until the 2013 model.
    -To spin the board racks, you have to pull the pin out. I am not sure why a simple button like Skylon makes wouldn't work. It is just one more thing to drop in the lake.

Anyways, that is about all I have. Seriously this boat has left me with a permanent smile. I hope it lasts as long as my note payments!

-ScottIMG_1975.jpg
    Last edited by scottieturnbull; 03-07-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Nice boat!!!!! Your trailer just gave me my next custom idea. Thanks!!!!

Beautiful Boat! Welcome to the club even though you make me jealous!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Wow.. awesome boat, aswesome deal.... Congrats!

Scott - can't wait to see it at the lake this weekend. Sounds awesome! I guess the Supras, old and new, are starting to take over the club!

Awesome. Welcome
    Brad
    2011 Supra 21V
    Big Bay Lake, Mississippi / Baton Rouge, LA

David,

Small world. I didn't even think about you being on this forum.

We will be up at the AYC all weekend, so we will be there for sure. Make sure to go to the Harbor Drive party. It's an awesome time, and the food is outstanding.

Anyways, thanks for all the comments. We are pumped. We are on Lake Allatoona which is 30 miles northwest of Atlanta.