Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default New Prop arrived.

Well Sunday we went to a different lake, and I hit something that was submerged. We stayed in what I thought was the deeper channels. But apparently there was something floating or it was more shallow than I thought. So after reading the posts I called Nettle Props on Tuesday and ordered the Acme 541. So hopefully we get it installed in the morning and we can try it out tomorrow afternoon.

I will post and let you know how it performs.

prop1.jpgprop.jpg
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Sorry you banged up the old prop, but you'll look back on it as a blessing. The 541 is a great match for the Saltare/Priata.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Question, are any of you seeing better cruising performance out of these new 4-blades? Or just better holeshot?

I'll be curious to hear the performance on your Pirata. Someone else recently got a 541 on a Saltare and seemd very pleased (compared to factory 13"x13"). I believe better holeshot was reported along with a couple MPH more on top end, which is surprising given 1" less pitch. Supposedly the new props have a lot more surface area == less slip so helps make up for less pitch when comparing to an old prop with less surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Sweet!! I also called Nettle this week and had a great conversation with Robert. I decided to go used vs. new seeing one up for
    sale in the classifieds. He gave some great insight and from what I've read on here, I can't wait to try it out. Bye bye 24 year old prop.
    I definitely want to hear your opinion. I probably won't get out till Labor Day with mine if we can get the transaction done this weekend. Keep us posted!
    Oh, you'll have it this weekend if I have to strap it to a mule and walk it up to you!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the Acme 541 is incredible. Completely changed the dynamics of the boat. Hole shot is way better. Planes out way quicker. Roll on acceleration is incredible. Will jump from 20 to 30 in the blink of an eye. Top speed is maybe a mile or two better, but that really doesn't matter to me. It will pop a wakeboarder right out of the water. And it is smoother. Overall I can't say enough good about this prop.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

It was a wonderful transaction for sure. Mostly that it went to someone who will completely enjoy and appreciate it. I am anxious to hear your debrief. Now if I can get the cash back from Debra!!!!!!!!

Well I am anxiously awaiting ngavdba's notes on the two props.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Unfortunately, I have nothing to report. Weather was disappointing on Monday in ATL and I was exhausted coming in very late ( or early) from the NASCAR race on Sunday. I did go out on Saturday. 41 mph at 4500 rpm WOT. I recorded the number of sec. from 0 to 30 but in my phone. Read below!

I'm having a pretty bad day as my cellphone disappeared off a job site today. I just walked in the door after searching for an hour and half. I never turn my phone off and yet I can't use find my iPhone app to find it. It shows as "undiscoverable"! Had 5 people looking for it but it just disappeared after 3 guys showed up and dropped off Sheetrock. I made a call to the rock company to no success. I'm bummed and pissed at the same time especially since I'm on the road traveling to Indy this week. My life and business are in that phone. 12 years of contacts and phone numbers...$600 to replace since we opted for no insurance.
    Man that sucks! hopefully you will find it at least to get your contacts, did you have it backed up to the cloud or a computer? I work with everyones iPhones at work and if you need help retrieving backups or whatever, just let me know.

Yes, backed up for sure. Have old 3G I found so will be using that for contacts. Cancelled service and phone cannot be used. I can still track if subject(s) turn on. I sent lock out and message to return or face prosecution. Just ruined my day...it went poof into thin air before my eyes. I never have lost a phone and mad at myself more than anything right now.
    Well it sucks that your phone disappeared but glad you had it backed up. I would be lost if I didn't have a backup of mine. Good luck finding it!