Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Not sure waht you're talking about. The primary bowl vent looks fine to me. It's not into the venturi and in fact is not even into the choke tower. It looks to be undamaged and just above the choke tower, allowing room for the choke butterfly to operate. Seems normal to me.
    I looked at my carb- original Holley 600- Looks like the one in the picture, I think its called a 'j' tube.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Yup. Your right
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Check your private messages, I had fuel dumping into my engine when shutting off, with the throttle advanced when off and even at neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I really got in there last night after giving up on the Carb to check the stringers and everything. I checked all the mounting bolts and they were solid. A couple turned maybe a 1/4 turn and seated. None sat and kept spinning. There is no double floor on it and no soft spots. The bottom of the boat looks amazing... no dings or anything from beaching. The interior was redone this year as well.

The cover needs some attention and I am pretty sure it has neve sat in the water in the past 10 years (either on a lift of trailered).

I want to get this figured out so I can water test the girl...

The guy told me the carb was rebuilt this spring by a local shop...
    Last edited by ruby23m; 09-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

thanks for all the helpful tips. it ended up being the floats needed adjusted and it ran just fine!

I now have one more question.. what is a good idle speed? it seem to idle hight because when I would put it in gear it would lurch forward and not very smooth...
    Thanks again!

Awesome! Trust me I had my last month of boating last summer entrenched in frustration, glad you were able to figure it out within a few days!
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

BTW, idle speed should be between 650-700 while in gear. If you are making a wake its probably too fast and really should be no lurching, actually quite smooth.
    1986 Saltare
    2004 Excursion 6.0
    2004 BMW X3

Quote Originally Posted by ruby23m View Post
    BTW, idle speed should be between 650-700 while in gear. If you are making a wake its probably too fast and really should be no lurching, actually quite smooth.
    Thanks again! I will adjust it tonight if the weather cooperates with me!