Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by wspeedin View Post
    I understand everyones point. However, I made my post based on the Manufacturer's warning. Both Malibu and Nautique have both stated that they cannot install it on older model year boats due to the strength required of the transom.
    By all means, go and try it, but I will stick to listening to what manufacturer's have said about their products.
    That is probably due to the legal department and the engineering department trying to do some major "CYA." I get what you are saying as well and have no intention myself of surfing the comp so I don't really have a dog in this fight.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I understand everyones point. However, I made my post based on the Manufacturer's warning. Both Malibu and Nautique have both stated that they cannot install it on older model year boats due to the strength required of the transom.
    By all means, go and try it, but I will stick to listening to what manufacturer's have said about their products.
    This is a game changer and they know it will sell new boats. I'm not surprised that they don't offer it as a retro-fit.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Of course they can't, because that would mean they don't sell new boats with the new technology. It's the idea that why buy a new boat when you could just retrofit your old one...

They didn't come up with the design to retrofit old boats, they came up with it to help sell their new boats. Look at the new Tige with the Convex VX. All this new technology that's coming out is revolutionizing surfing. Every manufacture has to come up with something to stay ahead of the game...

Remember back in the day when towers couldn't be retrofitted to older boats because the hull was too weak?
    Last edited by NorCalPR; 03-22-2013 at 02:54 AM.

This is the exact reason till aftermarket catches up.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001