Default Ballast Pumps on 2012 242

I had my old 750 lbs Fly High bags left from my old boat, and with a quick call to Wakemakers.com, I was able to get all the extra fittings needed to swap these out for the factory 400lb bags. This swap took about 3 minutes per side as I didn't have to get the existing fittings out of the old bags. This upgrade made a huge difference in the surf wake.

However, when I went to reprogram the timers in VISON, I thought I'd verify that the timing on the Center bag & belly tank.

This is when I noticed there was nothing happening with the center tank. I am sure this is something the dealer would fix under warranty, but I don't want the hassle or the downtime of taking it over there if it is an easy fix. I couldn't follow the piping back to the pump as it went under the floor. I checked the fuse, and it was fine as there is only one fuse for the 3 tanks. Honestly, I am not sure what the factory setup is like: one ballast puppy or three separate pumps.

My guess is the impellar on the pump is just frozen and if I can loosen the housing, it will break free. However this is a blind guess since I don't know the pump setup.

Can someone point me in the direction of the center pump or give me any insight in to what to look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-ST

My 2011 242 has all 3 pumps behind the carpeted cover on the back wall of the left rear locker. Guessing the 2012 would be the same. I put 750's at first and then 1100's now in both rears on my 242 and reprogramming the timer was easy. I think the 750's were about 6 minutes to fill. 1100s are 10 or 11 minutes. I set the timers at a longer than that run time, started filling and timed them with the stopwatch in my phone. When full shut the pump off manually and noted the time then reset the timer in the VISION to match. One and done.

Kevin

kjkimball

Which 1100 lb bags did you use????
    2011 242 Supra Launch
    Stereo
    Wet Sound 4 Rev10s on Tower
    Wet Sound 8- 6 1/2 In Boat
    2 Rockford 12" P3 Subs
    Ballast Upgraded rear Bags 2 1100 lb
    ACME 2079 prop
    Shadow-Caster SCM-10 Under-Water LED
    All Blue LED Interior Lights

Thanks Kevin. You are correct. There are 3 separate ballast puppies in the back locker.

I had to have the dealer come out and do a warranty inspection ($500 per Skiers Choice for transferring the warranties to 2nd owner!!) and they took a look at the pump. It was dead, so they replaced it while they were inspecting it. So, atleast the warranty already saved me some money, so I guess it worked out to be a pretty sweet deal. Plus, they came right to my dock and did it which saved me about 100 miles of towing it around town.

All in all, I have been very impressed with the service from Atlanta Marine.

Now, I just need to find some more time to get out on the water.

Patrol,

I used the fly high 1100's as they are the same brand as the 750's I had installed. I did reroute the vents for the 2 rear bags. Normally, the left vents to the left side of the boat and the right on the right. With 1100's in it and surfing, some would drain out thru the vent in surf lean. So, I replaced the 2 vent hoses for longer ones and routed the left vent from the sac, behind the engine up under the aft part of the deck and around to the right vent thru hull fitting. Did the mirror image to the right sac. Now the vent is higher than the top of the sac.

Scottie,

Glad you got it fixed and all is well now. Feel free to email me, [email protected] if you have any questions I might help you with.

Kevin