Default Prop Shaft Packing?

I will be attempting to repack this weekend. I found this link on an old post. Is there anything else I should consider? This will be done on a '06 21V.

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/stuffing_box&page=1

Thanks!
    2006 Launch 21 V

I think I actually posted this on the site. I did mine using these directions about 3 years ago and it has worked perfectly. the key is the piece of PVC pipe. I found the right diameter and cut a slit in it and it fit perfectly on the prop shaft. It made it easy to pack the thread in uniformly. It is actually a pretty easy job. Good luck.
    1984 Supra Rider

Followed similar instructions.
    Use the shaft outside the boat to cut packing on, insert it and get each layer tight. Should be able to put 4 rings in.
    2 years from us doing ours.
    Bought a set of 4 picks from hardware store but really only needed bent one.
    I also cut 3" or so from the handle of the plumber wrench for more clearance on V drive (Because of pumps and other items in the way, most of the clearance is from the port side, removing the water intake hose gives some more).
    I disconnected the wires on the v-drive so I didn't bend the clips reaching over them to get to the nut. Getting the 2 nuts loose was the hard part, everything after that was just inconvenient of space.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Thanks. I hope this does not turn into 99% of the projects I try and do myself. It always seems like I can look at something and plan exactly how I want to accomplish it, but the execution ends up being a nightmare.

I purchased this wrench for the project and have already picked up the set of 4 picks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-7-8-Shaft-...-/251148336941
    2006 Launch 21 V

I did mine using that guide...it was really, really, easy.