Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah... apparently "Water Sports" means more then wakeboarding... lol
    86 Saltare

If your gas has ethanol make sure you use a product that treats ethanol. Standard Sea Foam and Sta-Bil don't.

what product do you use to treat/clean up the issues with Ethanol blended gas if Seafoam doesn't help that situation. I am mostly concerned about the Ethanol issue. Allegheny County in PA, puts ethanol in all gas starting in June and keeps it way until september. So I know this is an issue. thanks!!!
    1984 Supra Rider

Thanks NAGVDBA! that is what I was looking for. I will be using Seafoam. I havent been on here in a while....how is the Supra Rider? Mine continues to get better with age. Still love the look of these old boats.
    1984 Supra Rider

I love SeaFoam. I use it in all my motors. SeaFoam works with ethanol, but I read an article that rated all the products that are available to keep the ethanol from separating during longer storage. CRC, Sta-Bil for ethanol, and Valvtec were rated higher than SeaFoam.

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    The summer came to an end very quickly. I am already looking at servicing my boat for the winter. Normally I just treat the gas with dry gas. But I have been reading a lot about the horror stories about what happens to blended gas while in use and over the winter. I am looking at running a product through the engine before I winterize it. What would you guys recommend. I have heard of running a product manufactured by Seafoam. What do you guys use?
    Sta-Bil brand fuel treatment has a formula thats effective for use with ethanol fuels. It prevents phase-separation of the storage period, as well as slows the spoiling of the fuel. Its the green formula.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    I add Seafoam at every gas fill-up regardless of spring, summer or fall and use premium gas to help fight breakdown of gaskets due to Ethanol. Use it in all my vehicles too. Great stuff!

Starting this year...no anti-freeze ever again in the boat!!! Yay!!
    Unless your engine manufacturer recommends a higher octane fuel, save your money. Octane level and the effects of ethanol have nothing to do with each other. 92 oct with 10% ethanol is the same as 87 oct with 10% ethanol. If your "premium" is all you can get thats ethanol free, then I would recommend to keep using it in your 1983. Newer boat fuel systems are designed with ethanol tolerant parts, but other boats are susceptible.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Whether the engine is carb'd or EFI, its best to add the stabilizer/fuel treatment to the tank, then run the engine for 5-10 minutes. This gets the treatment into all parts of the fuel system, including the fuel/water filter, injectors/fuel rail or carburetor.. This slows the spoiling of the fuel, which can lead to crystallization over long-term storage.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio